Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I need some advice regarding my 07 plate diesel 307 SW 1.6 I'm at the point were I want to just scrap my it.

It all started about a month ago after I had it serviced. one day the anti pollution fault came on, but was driving fine. Then it would start up then cut out after 5 seconds then would struggle to start. This would just happen at random one day. it starts up fine with no fault one day, others days it would cut out and struggle to start and then other day it would start then just have the APF on, but when it does start it drives fine no chugging or lost of power.

I took it to my local garage for diagnostics and they said it was coming back with a fuel pressure fault, but after checking it over they couldn't find any issues with the fuel system. I decided to take to another garage for a second opinion they told me it was the high pressure fuel pump. I went on holiday for week while they changed it. once back went to pick up the car as the garage said it was all fixed. just before I went to pick it up they rang to say it wasn't starting, three days later and them checking all over they couldn't find the problem. it was still cutting out with APF coming on.
They recommended taking to a Peugeot dealer which they struggled to find a fault. after running it through there computer it came back with a cam-belt timing problem so they changed it and also the water pump.

after collecting it and driving it for two days the same problem starting to happen again after talking to Peugeot they are really stumped as to whats wrong with it I have it booked in with them next week but they don't fill me with confidence.

Has anyone come across this problem before I could really do with some advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, Bloc.

I'm sorry, but i can't remember where exactly i saw a post exactly on this sort of APF issue, but it was here in PugForums.

If i may be so bold, i suggest you look around a little better. I'm sure i read a good topic on this sort of problem this weekend. Maybe under the "engine" category? It's not a 307 exclusive failure, nor it is exclusive to the 1.6 :thumb:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Shame you haven't taken the time to browser and search these forums a bit more. If you had you would have found that the number 1 recommendation would be to get a Peugeot Planet diagnostics done by a member with the kit local to you (update your profile with your location), which may have beenore helpful than any of the garages that you have used have been.
Do you have any fault codes from Peugeot? Have you had the fuel filter changed? Has the wiring and high pressure sensor been checked?

·
11,780 Posts
Sounds to me like the diesel heater sensor - a fault that only shows if you use Planet.

But for me the alarm bells are ringing when you say the problem occurred just after a service. This would lead me to believe its a faulty service part, or something has been knocked, damaged or not connected properly.

Was the fuel filter changed during the service?

Please take time to read these links, in particular item 8 of the FAQ regarding fuel pump issues.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/how-contact-member-peugeot-planet-diagnostic-28190/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

1 - 4 of 4 Posts