Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, can anyone please tell me what's that substance near the 3rd injector, it's rock solid and shinny. I'm no mechanic. I just bought the car a couple a weeks ago. Cheers!

its caused by the injector seal leaking you need to scrape it off and fit a new injector seal

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
If its leaking then it is actually more likely to come out what I do is soak the area in diesel the night before then loosen the clamps holding the injector just a couple of turns.

Start the engine and the injector will pop out if your lucky and engine will stall don't worry about that :)

You can then disconnect injector and lift it out cleaning the carbon away is the biggest part of the job.

If the injector DOES NOT pop out then your in for a fight :(

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
If its leaking then it is actually more likely to come out what I do is soak the area in diesel the night before then loosen the clamps holding the injector just a couple of turns.

Start the engine and the injector will pop out if your lucky and engine will stall don't worry about that :)

You can then disconnect injector and lift it out cleaning the carbon away is the biggest part of the job.

If the injector DOES NOT pop out then your in for a fight :(
I use oven cleaner

·
11,731 Posts
I had something similar on one of my 307s. It looked like melted plastic.

It was melted plastic - one of the caps that holds the engine cover on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts