Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi guys,

ive uploaded a vid to youtube of the clicking sound my pug is making when it doesn't start.....does this mean the engine is flat? tried jump cables and that didnt work, could it be a more serious problem...

link is below....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
its also throwing up these ECU engine fault codes on pp2000;

1)Permanent fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit Relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied...

2)permanent fault. diesel high pressure regulation circuit. rail pressure cannot be limited by lowering pump filling flow setting.

3) Permanent fault. diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Maximum rail pressure exceeded.

4) permanent fault. differential exhaust pressure signal. number of regenerations above the maximum.

5) intermittent fault. battery voltage battery voltage too low.

6) flowmeter signal supply voltage too low

7) remote intermittant fault. supply relay power part open circuit.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
BSi is the computer that controls all the electrics in your car starting and lights ect

you should never jump a peugeot with BSi system as the voltage spike can kill the computer

this might help:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i have just got a dead battery.....is the only solution to replace it seeing as apparantly it will break my BSI if i jump start...?

why do they say in the manual that you can jump start your car then??

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
its more of the voltage that kills the BSI, and i dont know why its in the manual as i have always been told not to do it from two ex peugeot tech's
plus seeing it online not to do it as well,

thats the 1st time ive heard 307 making that sound with a dead battery as mine never done that when mine died i just stuck a new battery in done the BSI reboot and job was sorted

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its more of the voltage that kills the BSI, and i dont know why its in the manual as i have always been told not to do it from two ex peugeot tech's
plus seeing it online not to do it as well,

thats the 1st time ive heard 307 making that sound with a dead battery as mine never done that when mine died i just stuck a new battery in done the BSI reboot and job was sorted
what sound did yours make when you had a dead battery....if anything?

So if i run through your checklist of things there about the BSI....that will basically tell me if i have chargrilled my BSI or not....great......ill wait till my battery's charged then find out if ive got to spend 500 more quid on this ****ing car...

·
Registered
535 Posts
i think i have just got a dead battery.....is the only solution to replace it seeing as apparantly it will break my BSI if i jump start...?

why do they say in the manual that you can jump start your car then??
Another solution might be to charge the existing battery just to start the car and get to a place where you can buy a new charged one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts