Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when putting my car back together i noticed this has broke off.

i dont know what its for but it doesnt leak anything when running. its just to the right of the cylinder head

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any idea of an easy repair?

its a 2.0 90bhp engine

D

·
0 Posts
The vacuum supply to the turbo and the egr valve. You may have no vac assistance in the brakes either.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The round metal part on the end of the head is the vacuum pump, it supplies vacuum to the brake servo and also usually other solenoid valves that control EGR and turbo (not sure exactly what is controlled on the 90bhp engine).

Have you driven the car this happened? If you haven't be very careful it looks likely to me that you won't have any braking assistance and it will be very hard to slow the car down.
If I were you I would get to a dealer/breakers and get a replacement pipe.
Inside the curved rubber end should be the plastic bit that snapped off. It may be possible to use super glue to put it back on as a temporary repair to get you to the garage, alternatively you could just block the hole up where the piece snapped off (the hole in the vacuum pump connector), again as a temp fix to get you to a garage.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The holes are so tiny so you will still have a bit of vacum assistance actually (unless you drill them out like me... (silly)).

But as said, it's the turbo vacum supply.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drove it quite far actually no issues with the brakes or the turbo as such

Is there a decent fix for this. Super glue may work but need something to support it as well :)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part 4572 W8 BRAKE VACUUM HOSE £20.89 from Peugeot.

On Servicebox it looks like a single piece of pipe with the ends attached.
hi mate i have looked on servicebox. the pipe you show links the brake pump to the servo

the bit thats actually broken off is from the pump to something at the front of the engine

can you see the curved black bit? thats whats broken away

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's the same part.

The curved rubber pipe was just sat onto the small connector that is a part of the plastic connector that's connected to the pump.

You have broken it. It is possible to try to glue it on with superglue, but never know how long it will last, depends if someone will pull the pipe again or not :)

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all the ones on ebay only have the connector and the pipe to the servo. none seem to come with the extra bit i need

i run the car today no air came out or in of the pipe

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have just spoken to my local pug dealer

on servicebox it only shows the pipe to the brake servo.

if you go in the section of emissions the bit leading off is there?

im confused and i think the guy it too?

any ideas

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its not the brake servo pipe in on about :confused:

:confused:

the pipe runs from the servo to the vacuum pump. then on the connector to the pump theres another pipe that runs to somewhere on the front of the engine

this cant be seperated but is shown on the diagram under emissions lol

confused.com

heres the page. see the pipe that has a 90 degree bend. thats whats broke off

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The 90 degree bend (rubber) on your pipe can be pulled off the nipple that is part of the vacum pump connector. This you have broken off and it is left inside the rubber bend.

Pull the broken plastic part out of the rubber bend and take a look at it, it used to sit on the vacum pump nipple before it broke...

·
11,706 Posts
I'm sure the diagram I posted is the right one. Its the same on my 306, diagram here.

The pipe plugs into the "brake amplifier" - AKA check valve - on the servo, a one way valve that provides air to the brake servo.

That air comes from the vacuum pump.

The red circled end of the pipe in my diagram goes in this pump, and the air is shared to the brake servo and EGR valve.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you all. were getting somewhere lol. so before the pipe to the front would have come off the connector. but now cant as its broke

i have glued it back on and drilled a hole through to make sure its clear

to be honest its solid.

what symthoms would i have if its not getting enough vacuum to the egr valve

management light. bad running, no turbo?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts