Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have 2007 partner van with engine problems and looking to change the engine,its fitted with a 1.6 hdi 9hx engine have been looking round for a engine and only one i can find at right price is a 9hy engine and i am woundering if any one can tell me what the difference is
many thanks paul

·
Registered
20 Posts
9hx is designated DV6ATED4 and is the 90bhp version and standard wastegated turbocharger.
9hy (DV6TED4) is the higher power 110bhp version, fitted with a variable geometry turbocharger, plus diesel particulate filter (FAP)
The engines themselves are pretty much identical. As a straight swap for your engine, it'll be fine. The differences are in the ancilliaries and software in the ECU. The chances are you'll only be getting the bare engine anyway, no turbo or cat, so nothing to worry about.
Not sure if your injectors are coded or not. If they are, you'll need to fit your injectors to the new engine too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.