Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have been getting a whistling noise from my car when it is reved hard or when you are accelerate hard,the car has no warning lights or any loss of power or smoke or any symntoms apart from the slight whistle (not a whine)
well i was looking around the engine and i noticed a hole with two bolts and theres a gasket still around the hole so something is obviously missing i have noticed that it looks like a egr blanking plate would fit over the hole with two bolts perfectly so i am thinking of doing that to see if theres any difference to the car because it definately is not supposed to be like that and it has been like that since before i bought the car so maybe it is lacking on power but i dont know any different?

yeah theres two pictures the same and one where it looks like there should be a bolt as its a big threaded hole in the front right of the engine

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
It does look like egr, but I'm not that sure since I never own any car with egr, only seeing other people's car.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Not all cars have the EGR system and if they dont have it that part is just open but there are so many variations in different countries etc its impossible to say

1 - 9 of 9 Posts