Peugeot Forums banner
2761 - 2780 of 2780 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Repaired the automatic air-con air distribution mechanism on Frankie - my 307 HDi Sport. Turned out to be a worn and split drive input on the distribution control cam (which doesn't seem to be listed as a spare) so a couple of self-tapping screws and some fiddling under the dash got it going again!
View attachment 95112
Mine had failed some time back but it took a change of weather for me to wake up to it, I did a fairly ordinary kludge of wrapping a bit of wire around the flange to hold it together tight enough to function. Anyway my question is does the unit just pull off? I had a fiddle and it seemed stuck in place so I had to somehow jiggle my aging body in a most awkward fashion to run a wire around it, but at least it worked and I now get refreshing cool air on my face again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine had failed some time back but it took a change of weather for me to wake up to it, I did a fairly ordinary kludge of wrapping a bit of wire around the flange to hold it together tight enough to function. Anyway my question is does the unit just pull off? I had a fiddle and it seemed stuck in place so I had to somehow jiggle my aging body in a most awkward fashion to run a wire around it, but at least it worked and I now get refreshing cool air on my face again.
Hi Jimby

It should just unclip and pull out with a bit of getle pressure. I got a couple of plain screwdrivers, one either side, and levered it gently away from the heater box. Make a rough note of what position it was in before you take it out, to make refitting it and setting it up a bit easier. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jimby

It should just unclip and pull out with a bit of getle pressure. I got a couple of plain screwdrivers, one either side, and levered it gently away from the heater box. Make a rough note of what position it was in before you take it out, to make refitting it and setting it up a bit easier. Hope this helps!
Thank you yes it should help, when I gather some enthusiasm I'll have another go at Oscar and see if I can make my fix a little better. The piccie is from when its functioning failed, but then Jimby failed by not taking a shot of my fix.
Auto part Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Gas Metal

·
Registered
160 Posts
Changed the oil, filter, air and pollen filter on the wife's car today. Then the same plus fuel filter on my SW and replaced both rear discs and pads as they were thinning and almost certainly would have failed the MOT in a couple of weeks.
Hardest bit in the end was getting the undertray off my car as the fixings were totally corroded.

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I have so far changed the four brake discs and pads and the coil pack along with the spark plugs and am still chasing the elusive anti pollution fault with has it down on power with the engine light on when driving, if you switch the engine off and on a couple of times then full power comes back but the light is still on and it will stay running reasonably well until you switch it off. Then you must go through the same craic again and hope it will kick in again. I must get it read by an auto electrician near me and see whats up. Presuming of course he can read the codes.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Car has just passed it's 2 yearly inspection. I had to change a track rod and it's end and a brake flexible pipe. The mounting bracket on the top of one of my headlights had broken off, so I fabricated a metal bracket and self-tapped it to the headlight. Not bad for a 2005 ex taxi with 370,000Km on the clock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Had some time this weekend and took apart the drivers (LHD) window and mirror control assembly from the door for servicing.
The drivers side window auto function worked sporadically and sometimes the mirror control wouldn't operate correctly on one of it's axis'.

After a through cleaning everthing works great with the exception of the auto windows feature on the passenger door which has stopped working when I accidentally broke the switch and glued it together again (normal operation works fine).

Searching for just the switch button so I can repair it. :)

Happy New Years!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Replaced the alternator freewheel clutch the other day. Easy job eh?
Looks like an easy job and it would be an easy job if you could get it off in situ with a couple of spanners (which you can if you have A: Long spanners for decent leverage or B: A wife that can assist or C: Muscles like Popeye or D: Maybe all three of them) so I thought I'd whip out the alternator and do it on the bench.
Removing the alternator isn't straight forward on an Hdi as some evil french scientist decided to hide the second lower inward bolt behind the condenser so you need to remove the condenser mounting bolts to get access then you can get to the lower bolt. And the upper inward bolt can be easily removed if you have double jointed fingers or a octopuss nearby who's handy with the spanners.
Anyway..all being said, it's awkward and a bit of a faff but it's doable with a bit of patience.
And it's done now...so I never want to see an alternator again.
Happy new year all!!

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
Haven't logged onto this forum for a long time and its good to see this thread is still going. My old 2004 307 is still going ok and eldest daughter will use it to learn to drive (it's the car that brought her home from hospital many years ago). Got it through it's MOT after freeing off a siezed read brake cylinder. Will fit a dash cam and reversing camera in the coming weeks and do the cam belt

·
Registered
694 Posts
washed and wax it along with the 208. Given the weather, I am glad to have a nice warm, dry, large double garage to do it in. Garage has drainage so serves as a nice wet room for these types of things :)

I noticed a bit of bubbling paint under the nr plate.....not a surprise given it's age, but will deal with it in the spring. Whilst the rest of the paint is ok, given there are a few door dinges etc, I am half tempted to deal with them, dig out my old spray guns and give it a repaint.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wrecking it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i recently made the oil change in my 307cc 2008 2.0, and a week later i was park with the AC on, and out of nothing the STOP light turn on and the screen shows engine oil pressure insufficient, barely drive that day make a quick stop at the market and that happen, i turn off the car, open the hood, check for oil leak, i check the cooling, got nothing everything seems fine i turn it on again no STOP signal, i drive around 10km to the house and when i park in the garage the light goes on again STOP same message.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Over the weekend I changed a bulb in my 04 SW lol. Refitted a stock cassette player and changer to get rid of the shocking halfords thing I bought it with. Now i just need to find someone in the north Kent area with lexia/pp2000 to recode the radio to the car as it's not the original. Now all I need to do is investigate why the 2.0 136 hdi drives like a non turbo xu!!!! Had to remove the undertray from my ladys 05 1.6hdi as it was flapping. The tray is fine but almost all the fixings have broken, any recommendations where to get them from? Also changed the breather pipe o ring as that was weeping. All in all cant complain both cars are performing like troopers. Even my oldest daughter is thinking of getting one a her first car. Great forum keep it up guys.

P.s I also changed the 6speed gearknob for a genuine peugeot one, now my lift reverse sleeve is super stiff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
In the last 3 months 2004 sw hdi new rear spings and dampers, new front springs and top mounts, new front discs and pads, new track rod ends, drop links, and lower ball joints. New silencer. Also just had new timeing belt fitted( I didn't do timeing belt had it done at garage )

2761 - 2780 of 2780 Posts