Peugeot Forums banner
2741 - 2760 of 2780 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dropped my car at the local garage for a gearbox conversion from MA5 to BE4 along with drive shafts, lower and upper mounts , clutch hydraulic cylinder removed from a Peugeot partner let's see how it goes, BE4 is way stronger than my original gearbox

Will keep you. Updated

·
9,665 Posts
Cable ties normally are not strong enough for a long term fix you can get the crimp clips on line but can be a pain to fit without the correct crimp tool

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
After work I changed rear coil springs and then tried to secure CV gaitor with a jubilee clip - unfortunately there’s a bit of metal moulding above the gaitor that won’t allow a jubilee to fit as there’s not enough clearance. Topped it with Moly grease and got a tie rap on for the time being...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Over the weekend I put a can of engine cleaner in the fuel tank. I have done 700km since then.
Before, I was getting fumes when in traffic or on tickover and had had the EML on for 4 years due to an EGR High Air Flow fault.
Yesterday, I switched off the EML using Planet and so far it has not come back on. Also, I no longer have fumes.
Job done, hopefully. If the EML does come back on I will just put the golf tee back in and at least I will have stopped the fumes.

·
Registered
307 SW 1.6 Hdi 110 & 206 1.4 8v
81 Posts
Removed battery, battery tray (one sheared bolt and it took me half an hour to get one of the fixings for the wheelarch liner off to get access to the bolt for battery tray in wheel arch (had a bodged bolt on it and I thought the torx socket was the hole to push up the pin.... Cleaned the engine and body earths and both battery straps. Found one wire coming from fusebox to the earth that has signs of wear on it - worn right through to the core - so will have to replace this tomorrow - once I have figured out where it's come from.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello everyone,

I was thinking of changing/upgrading the sound system in my 307 XSI (2003 model), and after looking at a few 2 DIN units (simple units with no screens, android, etc to avoid theft), I finally decided to keep the factory Clarion RD3, remove the in-dash CD changer and add a NavInc Bluetooth module with wired auxiliary input.

The unit comes with all the necessary cables for my specific model and also has a microphone so you can take and make calls through it.
Installing it only took 15-20 minutes (the microphone was installed at a local dealership and took about an hour) , and even the steering wheel radio stalk is working with unit.

Here are some before and after photos....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Oh bother, it looks as if I am about to make an appointment with a garage.

Strange thing is this is the first time I have had any warning. I have never had to top up the tank either.
Purchased the car back in July 2012 with 184168 km and now it has 286752 km. A total of 102584km which is about 63740 miles. It has never failed the the Spanish roadworthiness test or had an advisory in relation to exhausts emissions either.
I know I can top it up myself, but the reset is not doable for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
While the weather is nice...
A quick Oil and Filter change along with check and adjust valve clearances on my TU3JP engined 307.
oh and I checked the air con temp, just cos I was curious...running at 2.5c at the vents... cooool

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,751 ·
Oh bother, it looks as if I am about to make an appointment with a garage. View attachment 92710

Strange thing is this is the first time I have had any warning. I have never had to top up the tank either.
Purchased the car back in July 2012 with 184168 km and now it has 286752 km. A total of 102584km which is about 63740 miles. It has never failed the the Spanish roadworthiness test or had an advisory in relation to exhausts emissions either.
I know I can top it up myself, but the reset is not doable for me.
If your going to keep it make sure you fill it all the way up it you don’t it can run out and not throw a warning as it resets based on a full tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
After a brief and thankfully mild bout with the covid virus, I finally had a chance to change the car's tyres and went with Continental SportContact6 (205/55/16).

Haven't had a chance to really try them out since all my commuting has been very short trips - would love some feedback if anyone here has them on their 307.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The bonnet release handle broke on my 307CC but of course you can't just replace the handle, so I had to buy a new cable assembly. Wasn't bad, cost £41 from my local Peugeot dealer but good grief what a job..... Had to take the front bumper off and BSI module out just to be able to fit the new cable assembly and the manual wasn't too clear on how to disengage the bumper from the clips that hold it and the wings, took around 4 hours in total as I didn't want to risk breaking anything - but there were no bits left over ;) I've had to order some new M6 "chimney clips" and stainless bolts though as the ones that hold the wheelarch liners to the wing brackets and the underbody covers were rusted solid and had to be cut off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just stared glaringly at it, contemplating giving it a wash.
Ive been staring and contemplating on and off for 3 days now.. lol
After changing the rear shocks, a myriad of rubber components in the rear assembly and both front drive axles, I too think it's time for a car wash (it's been at least three months) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took car (2007 307 SW 2.0HDi 136) to local garage for Cat/DPF removal to clean out clogged up DPF at home. Using Wynns Off-Car DPF cleaner. Bolted DPF unit to piece of old timber, using cling film to seal the joint. Filled DPF with the cleaner. Working like a charm! Going to soak for a few hours.
Wood Fixture Gas Composite material Cylinder
Cylinder Gas Plumbing Auto part Wood

·
Registered
47 Posts
changed both anti-roll bar drop links as one of them was clanging. I blame my local roads as there are potholes breeding like rabbits around here.
whilst I had wheels off I checked the thickness of my brake discs as there is quite a pronounced lip around the edge, hmm down to 20mm, think I'll be changing them soon too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Repaired the automatic air-con air distribution mechanism on Frankie - my 307 HDi Sport. Turned out to be a worn and split drive input on the distribution control cam (which doesn't seem to be listed as a spare) so a couple of self-tapping screws and some fiddling under the dash got it going again!
Gas Automotive lighting Auto part Electric blue Wood

2741 - 2760 of 2780 Posts