2701 - 2720 of 2733 Posts

·
6,572 Posts
Good news and to all intent general wear and tear items

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes that is right. I was a bit miffed about the front tyres, as they were only feathered on the inside edges as far as the wear indicators. The rest of the tread was really good.

But at least I have now got another 2 years motoring from it (hopefully)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Today I shall mainly be finishing off the stereo install, yesterday I ran all the wires for a tiny little five channel class D pioneer amp, and today I'll be putting sound deadening where I can and component speakers in the front and rear door cards to replace the blown ones.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Added all Now that's what I call music albums to my android head unit

Ordered an eBay Lexia 3/PP2000 diagnostic tool

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Removed excess PAS fluid. ABS lights went off as soon as I drove away. 20 mile drive later still off. Fingers crossed.

Fixed sagging carpet below glove box.

Setup launcher home screen on Android head unit.

Centre now shows speed MPH via GPS for sat-nav

·
Registered
57 Posts
Started to drill out sheared locking wheel bolts.

Once the wheels are off I can change discs and pads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Started to drill out sheared locking wheel bolts.

Once the wheels are off I can change discs and pads.

I had this problem once. Ended up getting a mate to weld a socket to the remaining portion of the locking wheel bolt and then easily spun it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
So My 307 renovation started a little over a month ago.
New paint job
New engine
New radiator
New tail lights and elevated brake light
New brake pads
Repaired wire loom
Changed O2 sensors
Changed ignition coil
Install iridium sparkplugs
Install external transmission cooler
Install adapter for android head unit so my steering wheel control works
Cleaned interior.
Oh and repaired my washer fluid bottle

·
Registered
57 Posts
So My 307 renovation started a little over a month ago.
New paint job
New engine
New radiator
New tail lights and elevated brake light
New brake pads
Repaired wire loom
Changed O2 sensors
Changed ignition coil
Install iridium sparkplugs
Install external transmission cooler
Install adapter for android head unit so my steering wheel control works
Cleaned interior.
Oh and repaired my washer fluid bottle
Quite a list. Any pics

·
Registered
57 Posts
Received my PP200p, installed onto a spare laptop I had , worked straight away.

Have cleared some old codes, now getting familiar with the GUI.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Added a 1tb hdd to the android head unit ordered a DAB dongle , and a usb dashcam that will record via the headunit onto the hard drive. Created it as a shared drive so can read from laptop in house to add remove files etc

·
Registered
352 Posts
Changed front brake discs and pads. Simple job as long as you have a T55 torx bit for the caliper carrier. However somebody had obviosly not got one when removing the nearside one as it was fitted with 19mm bolts. I will change them for the proper bolts when lockdown finishes and I can get to a breakers yard as I also need a power steering pump.

All good fun LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've been lurking in this forum for ages, and thought it was about time I posted something about my 2007 307 1.6HDi 110 Sport. It used to have an RD4/MP3 head unit with CD multichanger, but it got a bit greedy and wouldn't give me my CDs back. I managed to get my CDs out unscathed but I didn't trust it not to do the same again, so I added an AUX input to the head unit via a software upgrade and a cheap cable from Amazon. This worked but the sound level was low and but I wasn't really happy with the results, so I decided to look into replacing the head unit with something more modern. Late last year I eventually replaced the RD4/MP3 audio with a Pioneer AVH-3100DAB head unit and replaced the old roof aerial with an AM/FM/DAB unit plus ran cabling through the car for DAB, the hands-free microphone and a reversing camera. These later "facelift" 307s are full CAN so there's only a live feed to the radio and connecting the radio up like this drains the battery, so I designed a CAN interface to switch the radio on with the ignition and enable the steering column audio controls and dim the display when the dashboard illuminates (automatic headlights). I also added the functionality to get into the car's menu and set the date/time etc voa the steering column controls, as this used to be done via the MENU key on the RD4/MP3. This all works fine but there was no way of powering on the radio without the ignition so today I've been working on adding this feature, plus reverse gear and handbrake detection via CAN. I bought an "Alarm" switch off ebay to go on the LH side of the dash (next to the central locking), with the idea that I can manually turn on the radio for half an hour or so. I'm also looking to get a signal from the immobiliser when there's a key in the ignition so when I'm stuck in traffic, I can turn off the engine and keep the music playing. Watch this space...

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Question. How do you access the menu button off the original HU as I have an android unit and need to set date and time on the MFD.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've only really looked into making the Pioneer work in my 307. Have you managed to get the stalk keys working with your Android head unit and if so, how? I held off changing the head unit until I could replicate the MENU function from the original RD4, but there's no simple solution. If you still have the RD4 head unit you could plug that back in temporarily to set the clock, but that's a pain as you'd need to do it twice a year...! I had to write some code for my CAN interface which enters menu mode when I press PRESET_UP and PRESET_DOWN at they same time on the stalk. Rolling the jogwheel changes between settings and the SOURCE button is the equivalent of the radio's enter/OK key. It's still a work in progress, I'm updating it as and when I have some free time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my car has been vibrating for a long time now, most especially at the driver side wheel. I have changed the right hand shift, changed the engine and gear sit but to no avail. Please any advice

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi, my car has been vibrating for a long time now, most especially at the driver side wheel. I have changed the right hand shift, changed the engine and gear sit but to no avail. Please any advice
When is it making the vibration?

Have you checked the rear engine stabiliser??

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

2701 - 2720 of 2733 Posts