Peugeot Forums banner

2681 - 2700 of 2733 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,681
I find speakers on a 307 are a bit pointless

A good set of tweeters yes

The setup of the door cards and how the speakers are mounted means any bass doesn’t travel

I always opted for a bigger set of speakers in the parcel shelf or a sub instead

On the 308 the speakers are bolted to the doors so the sounds a lot better

·
Registered
34 Posts
Found also that the left hand footwell is wet and that the heater is leaking, so got to get some O-rings for that job. I guess next to everyone has had to do that already on theirs... Ordered some o-rings from PSA. 6264.40 is the part number that should fit according to some online forums I've read. Let's see, should pick them up tomorrow...
I got the 0-rings from (Finnish) IKH hw-store. Together: 87 -- euro cents.

more data here (thick accent):
307 - Lämmityslaitteen kennon tiivisteiden vaihto

·
Registered
151 Posts
Found also that the left hand footwell is wet and that the heater is leaking, so got to get some O-rings for that job. I guess next to everyone has had to do that already on theirs... Ordered some o-rings from PSA. 6264.40 is the part number that should fit according to some online forums I've read. Let's see, should pick them up tomorrow...
6264.40 o-ring was a bit skinny for my taste, so followed the advice of a fellow Finn up there and bought a 20.29 x 2.62 mm NBR o-ring and replaced the original ones with that. Leakage stopped for now. Will monitor the situation.

Also, I had issues with the indicators blinking too rapidly sometimes - not always. Found out that the ground connector of the left rear light had corroded almost completely. This video shows one way to fix it - I almost did the same and my indicators are reliable again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
2-DIN radio installed (Sony XAV-AX100) with reversing camera and all. Pretty nice unit. Installation was easy with Connects2 kit CTKPE03 and even the steering wheel control works. The dimmer worked the wrong way (display got dimmed when the lights were turned off), so had to put a relay in between to reverse the dimmer functionality. All good now.

In addition, have changed the auxiliary belt and the tensioner which helped to a whining noise coming from that direction. Maybe the old belt was too short as it was significantly tighter than the new one.

Now just need to change the anti rollbar links...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Putting on a New timing belt kit on my peugeot 307sw twin cam then found a problem with the water pump housing someone before me broken a bolt inside then glue it up plastic housing and water pump so had to change with new metal one today. Had the car 4 years now could had gone anytime.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just picked my 307 up after having the lower passenger door repaired and painted as it was starting to rust

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Removed the pollen filter, to renew it when I replace my hedgehog heater resistor next week, (Fan already out and dismantled.) which has been ordered off E.Bay. A brand new part for £12.99.

Hopefully the fan won't cut out anymore, and I can enjoy the new air con re-gas I had last week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Window Switch

Finally gave in and stripped the Driver window master swich unit. Gave it a good clean and now all the windows operate like new.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Finally gave in and stripped the Driver window master swich unit. Gave it a good clean and now all the windows operate like new.
I had my one changed the other day, 11 pounds from china. works great! The old one was sticking, and the varnish was peeling off.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Coolant change from brown to pink

5 years of ownership and overdue a change as the header tank is brown
Still registers as strong coolant but well past its sell by date

Mini flush and ragged the header tank with an airline to blow the old stuff out best I could so it took 4 litres

Just thinking I should have cleaned the header tank but didn't want to break anything ... and its only for my benefit and I know the low coolant stop sensor works if it drops an settles below miniumum

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
MOT pre booked for Wednesday

Phoned the Mot station from last years green box pass , so organised its fate for Wednesday as its expires

Cataclean added today to what fuel level is I the tank just above minimum mark

So if it passes ( which I expect it should ) then the new donor engine is ready to be shuffled in in the next month weather permitting

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yearly poke and prod success

15 year old 307 passed with flying colours today on its annual MOT test

Mot tester said it was a good car
Guy at reception whom took payment couldn't believe it

As he already just charged a Ford owner with 1/2 miles on and 5 years old for £600 quid and he is a fair garage

WHOOP WHOOP :lol:

30 quid road tax to pay for now for another year

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cleaned foggy headlight lenses

Saw a YouTube video of a guy using WD40, so I did too and it worked quite nicely. Will be going for a cheap kit though next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced head gasket had head skimmed and pressure tested. Replacedwater and timing belt (gates kit) changed temosensor housing and thermostat. Flushed entire system and relaxed coolant. Engine will run fine at idle water circulates perfectly, but once driven it goes off the scale in around 4 or 5 miles. I have bl3d it almost to death but let it cool and result is the same on the next drive. 307cc 2005 2.0 petrol. Any h3lp or advice would be great reciev3d and appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Today I changed the dmf/clutch on my car for a smf with a sprung clutch. The old assembly was shaking the car to death and I'd have to turn off the ignition to put the car in reverse. It was a helluva task with captive nuts breaking free and many setbacks but I got it done in eighteen hours. Not for the fainthearted but it's done and hopefully there's many miles of smooth driving before I'm to undertake the mission again!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Passed the Controle Technique Inspection (French MOT) today at the second attempt today. So 2 more years motoring. Yippee

Had to change a bottom ball joint, 1 track rod end, 4 tyres and rear brake pads,
380 Euros in total but well worth it.

2681 - 2700 of 2733 Posts