Peugeot Forums banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Today was replace fuel pump O-ring day. Finally got around to it, took less than an hour with the rather agricultural big hammer and screwdriver method. Now I can fill it past half way without it leaking fuel everywhere.

Much more straight forward than the job on the Nissan. A simple tyre rotation turned into replace two wheel studs. Looks like the last person to put the front right wheel on managed to cross thread not one, but 2 wheel nuts. Fortunately managed to find a shop open on a public holiday that had them in stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Replaced the coil pack ( 206cc s16 engine). Now i need to go and buy another one to keep as a spare lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Replaced front speakers which were pretty much dead after 16 years ...
Found out it has some tweeters in the door panels as well so instead of 2 , I have another 4 to go.

If anyone has a good suggestion for these, what look like 1'' tweeters, that doesn't break the bank... please let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today I've sat by my car wondering why my drums are loose despite the hub nut being tight after I changed my axle yesterday... was all going so well... what have I missed??

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've done a few bits to mine (y)
changed the coilpack for a new one £50,new air filter £5, dr Beckmann carpet cleaner on my seats and mouldy rear seatbelts it goes foamy with a brush and cleans seats and doorcards etc really well for £3, new oil also I had a very small oil leak so I added wynns engine stop leak £5. Will have to check if that worked soon. :)

206 1.4 16v 2005

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rear torsion beam went out, steering rack started leaking, ABS, airbags went out, also found some sizable rust holes in my floorpans, so I decided to give up and sell it. The guy who bought it from me told me he'd fix it up and drive until the MOT runs out, or give it to a friend who needs an engine. Sad to say it, but I'm glad I got rid of it, in the 2 years I've owned it it's been nothing but an endless money pit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rear torsion beam went out, steering rack started leaking, ABS, airbags went out, also found some sizable rust holes in my floorpans, so I decided to give up and sell it. The guy who bought it from me told me he'd fix it up and drive until the MOT runs out, or give it to a friend who needs an engine. Sad to say it, but I'm glad I got rid of it, in the 2 years I've owned it it's been nothing but an endless money pit.
do you by any chances have any photos of rust holes in floorpans ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
do you by any chances have any photos of rust holes in floorpans ?
I do not, and since I got rid of the car I can't take any. All that i know is that in multiple places where I saw rust color under the undercoating, i could take a screwdriver and easily poke right through into the interior.

Also, it was quite funny (or scary, depending on how you look at it) to watch from the underside how the floor pan flexed by A LOT when my friend got into the car...

Since I don't know how to weld and the car had a bunch of other issues I ultimately decided to get rid of it, and I'm really glad, since it kept breaking on me. I assume the previous owner didn't take care of it at all, that's why it wasn't reliable for me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like that "Wynn engine stop leak" stopped the small oil leak I had. The car went though the mot the other day they didn't mention it and level is still normal. Advised on track rod end nearside ball joint slight play (easy fix) and nearside lower arm ball joint slight play. That's a new arm at some point bit harder but not bad :)

161 - 174 of 174 Posts