Peugeot Forums banner
161 - 180 of 224 Posts
Today was replace fuel pump O-ring day. Finally got around to it, took less than an hour with the rather agricultural big hammer and screwdriver method. Now I can fill it past half way without it leaking fuel everywhere.

Much more straight forward than the job on the Nissan. A simple tyre rotation turned into replace two wheel studs. Looks like the last person to put the front right wheel on managed to cross thread not one, but 2 wheel nuts. Fortunately managed to find a shop open on a public holiday that had them in stock.

Replaced front speakers which were pretty much dead after 16 years ...
Found out it has some tweeters in the door panels as well so instead of 2 , I have another 4 to go.

If anyone has a good suggestion for these, what look like 1'' tweeters, that doesn't break the bank... please let me know.

I've done a few bits to mine (y)
changed the coilpack for a new one £50,new air filter £5, dr Beckmann carpet cleaner on my seats and mouldy rear seatbelts it goes foamy with a brush and cleans seats and doorcards etc really well for £3, new oil also I had a very small oil leak so I added wynns engine stop leak £5. Will have to check if that worked soon. :)

206 1.4 16v 2005

Rear torsion beam went out, steering rack started leaking, ABS, airbags went out, also found some sizable rust holes in my floorpans, so I decided to give up and sell it. The guy who bought it from me told me he'd fix it up and drive until the MOT runs out, or give it to a friend who needs an engine. Sad to say it, but I'm glad I got rid of it, in the 2 years I've owned it it's been nothing but an endless money pit.

Rear torsion beam went out, steering rack started leaking, ABS, airbags went out, also found some sizable rust holes in my floorpans, so I decided to give up and sell it. The guy who bought it from me told me he'd fix it up and drive until the MOT runs out, or give it to a friend who needs an engine. Sad to say it, but I'm glad I got rid of it, in the 2 years I've owned it it's been nothing but an endless money pit.
do you by any chances have any photos of rust holes in floorpans ?

do you by any chances have any photos of rust holes in floorpans ?
I do not, and since I got rid of the car I can't take any. All that i know is that in multiple places where I saw rust color under the undercoating, i could take a screwdriver and easily poke right through into the interior.

Also, it was quite funny (or scary, depending on how you look at it) to watch from the underside how the floor pan flexed by A LOT when my friend got into the car...

Since I don't know how to weld and the car had a bunch of other issues I ultimately decided to get rid of it, and I'm really glad, since it kept breaking on me. I assume the previous owner didn't take care of it at all, that's why it wasn't reliable for me.

Looks like that "Wynn engine stop leak" stopped the small oil leak I had. The car went though the mot the other day they didn't mention it and level is still normal. Advised on track rod end nearside ball joint slight play (easy fix) and nearside lower arm ball joint slight play. That's a new arm at some point bit harder but not bad :)

**nope oil leak still here just slow :cautious:

I just ordered a new nearside bottom arm for £22 delivered off eBay as the ball joint has play. Will fit it next week 😉

Ooh shiny...gonna have to soak my nuts soon 🤭😀

**Fitted today not too bad took about 1.5hrs no rush got covered in muck wiggling the arm into place and lost a little bit of gearbox oil oops. you have to move the drive shaft about an inch to the left to get the middle bolt in/out. Make sure you don't pull it out the gearbox end or you will loose some gearbox oil.🤪
no noise now driving nice and quiet(y)

New battery today 26/5/21
Brand: SuperBatt
Product Code: SB 063
Voltage / Capacity: 12V / 45AH
CCA: 450A
Size: L 210mm x W 175mm x H 175mm (H - Including Terminals)
Gadget Gas Packaging and labeling Box Machine

£40 delivered ebay 😎
(EDIT) this battery lasted 5 months and died don't buy it
😐

Tried to find out why the oil warning light on my g/sons 206 1.4 doesn't illuminate when I turn on the ignition. Found an explanation on Google which claims it's all part of the engine pre-start checks and only illuminated, along with the STOP red light, when there is a problem. It claimes this can be checked by disconnecting the switch (on the oil filter housing), starting the engine and leave it running for a minute, after which both lights will illuminate. Unfortunately the writer didn't know if this would then leave the STOP light on permanently intil a major software reset was on on the ECU. Does anyone know if this is true or false please? (I want to try the "disconnect" procedure).

View attachment 95625 Picked mine up from the garage. Can finally get to drive her after a few months of frustration. It's cost me more than I paid for the car back in June. Let's hope it was worth it.
Got to replace the rear silencer hanger strap. Original gave way last weekend, silencer currently held up by garden wire. Weather seems to be against me as every time I go to put the new strap on, it starts raining.

Fitted two new 6.5" front door speakers as the standard one on driver side made a bad vibration on bass notes. It was ripped when I inspected it.
The new ones are called vibe slick 6-v7 240w 2-way coaxial. They Sound very nice with the 6 by 9's on the back shelf.
bigger and heavier than the standard ones.
special deal in Halfords £40 down to £32.
Supposed to be standard replacement but I could only secure each speaker with three of the four screws :unsure: lots of holes but none lined up all four so three it was, still nice and secure with the grills on.

Camera lens Automotive tire Font Gadget Electronic instrument

Got to replace the rear silencer hanger strap. Original gave way last weekend, silencer currently held up by garden wire. Weather seems to be against me as every time I go to put the new strap on, it starts raining.
Well, managed to replace hanger strap with only a little persussion from the pavement to bend it into shape. That was Thursday.
Friday night I was taking my daughters back to their respective houses. Dropped eldest daughter and 2 of my grandkids off first. Went to start car, was a bit ropey starting. Got 2 streets away when airbag light and STOP light came on, handbrake on, antipollution fault come up on the mfd, Might've been others, can't remember. Then all electrics died and she started buckarooing on me with younger daughter in car. Wouldn't start again even with my booster pack. Got a taxi home, majorly hacked off. Car was 2 weeks out the garage after £625 front suspension and brakes repairs. And a brand new battery to boot.
Was busy over the weekend so never got back to her until Monday night. Still wouldn't start. Got the multimeter out, I couldn't believe reading. Phoned a mate to come and confirm it with his meter, pretty much the same - just over 4 volts. Connected batteries with leads and left Bob's car running for 20-30 mins and got the charge up to a healthy 12.6v. Car started, voltage dropped. Managed to drive her the mile or so home without incident with Bob tailing. Just in case. Stopped outside drive and turned her off. Remembering it was bin day in the morning I jumped back in, she started, so parked in a nearby bay. As I get out again, Bob informs me he heard the alternator belt squeal. Pop the bonnet, she starts again, can smell what seems like burning plastic/rubber. I then notice that the top of belt tensioner is going back and forth like the clappers a good couple of cm. Little madam had taken a hissy fit and decided she didn't want to charge herself.
Still to buy replacement belt and tensioner, so currently have a loan of mate's 1.8 Focus to drive my youngest daughter up to Aberdeen today from Fife for her driving theory test.

Oh, and the irony, my Banggood delivery of pp2000 along with the cables arrived on Monday too. Oi vey! C'est la vie.

2005 1.6hdi 206 110 se in Aegean blue.

161 - 180 of 224 Posts