Peugeot Forums banner
141 - 160 of 224 Posts
Put it in the garage awaiting body repair, the result of my then 18 year old son trying to get through a small gap at an angle!

At 14.5 years old, less than 40k on the clock and one family owner from new (my Mum for 10 years then me as a kids car in holidays first and then my station car) I think it deserves a bit of TLC...

206 1.1 special edition of some kind registered in April 2004, moonstone blue...

Changed out my steel wheels for some alloy ones. The car looks tons better, besides it sits quite a bit higher (fitted some R15 195/65 wheels), which I like since I kept scraping the front bumper due to the car being so low :D Good thing the bumper's junk anyway, the previous owner scraped the hell out of it, I think I'll look for a new one in a junkyard one day.

Spent most of the day pushing out a dent in one of my front wings and bonnet after a deer ran into it on my way home last night.
I've got the dent in the wing nearly right (looks all right at a distance anyway!) but I think I will probably look out for a replacement bonnet, possibly a wing as well.

Anyone put Bosch aerotwins on the hatchback? Thinking of changing mine next week as they are starting to leave streaks
Yup, ive got them on all my cars. They work fine on the 206 but don't meet the windscreen quite perfectly just in the bottom of the drivers side....no idea why. These are new though so this may get better over time. Has no effect on visibility.

I went for 2 x 21" i think. Also have a 14" on the back.

Just be sure to order the ones for hook type wiper arms as there are various Aerotwins and it's not always obvious.

After discovering that one of the rear exhaust back box metal hangers had rusted away from the silencer, and that that was the cause of the recent banging noises from the rear of the car, today I replaced the back box with a replacement from Eurocarparts.

The back box, new clamp and a bit of Gun Gum paste was just over 30 quid all in. Compared to the prices that National, ATS, Kwik Fit etc. wanted I feel very pleased with having saved at least £70 by doing it myself in less than 30 minutes from start to finish :) A generous squirt of Plus Gas on the old clamp nuts before heading out to the parts shop certainly seemed to help the replacement go smoothly :)

New back box fitted this morning to a 1.6 206cc, 45 minutes if that and that includes getting up on ramps,

£34.00 odd from eurocarparts. including a new clamp with one of their discount codes.

Mind you, the old one fell off in November...….:sleep:

Refitted the back box that came loose this morning, I don't think I had put the clamp on properly, shame that the car had to let me know on the M4.

In the mean time I changed the 3 exhaust mounting rubbers as well at a princely sum of £3.40 for all 3.

Amazing how much the old ones had stretched over the years.

Seeing as how its going to be nice and warm this weekend mine is going to get a service and a thorough wash and polish to thank me for starting on all those cold winter mornings.

Finally, some nice weather. Done all the niggling little jobs that have been piling up:

Replace thermostat housing to sort weeping bleed screw.

Remove aerial, clean and re-seal to sort annoying water drip.

Polish wiper scratch from windscreen with Cerium Oxide.

Just replaced a very old, shiny, cracked auxiliary drivebelt. Managed to do it all from above in about 20 minutes, without removing the wheel and wheel arch liner, but it was fiddly to get the 6mm drill bit into (and out of!) the locking hole while holding back the tensioner pulley on the 3/8" square hole. It was quite a long belt (6PK1565) as my old 2001 1.4 LX has power-assisted steering and air-conditioning, as well as the driven alternator obviously. I'm glad I didn't have to remove any mounting struts or engine stays like I'd seen in some YouTube videos of other 206 variants though!

- i fixed my engine cover rattling noise for the 100th time by fitting thicker rubber in the plastic bolts this time.
- I tried to fix my already "i show you whatever i want" central panel display with a heater and summer pencil rubber. I managed to burn all 3 remaining bulbs... :D. I am thinking of fitting an android phone back there... :rolleyes:
- ah this damn metal sound from the front left strut. Still sounds like the spring hits the plate. can't be....

:( wizzing up the M5 on Sat and the engine blew up. The recovery man said the crankshaft was turning (on the starter motor) but the camshaft wasn't (gloom) - however he was puzzled as the timing belt was present and correct, indeed it seemed to be OK, possibly the woodruff key had sheared. He was a little mystified. Basically a camshaft failure = end of car.

I decided on the spot, by the time I had the car transported the 50 miles home, messed with getting it to a garage for repair it was not going to be worth the effort. He towed the car to the services and scrapped what was a nice car in very good condition. He arranged for the car to be taken away to the grave yard. A bit upsetting but there we go.

Just a message, the car had done 86k miles, if you're there do the cambelt, tensioner, waterpump job. I got quoted £250.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Peugeot 206 Coupé

Hopefully I'll have a new clutch fitted today. The release bearing had been squeaking for a few months then started getting loud so I booked it into Mr clutch (£257 fitted). Unfortunately I needed two more short drives before new clutch but the bearing gave up on drive 1. Cost me another £95 to get it recovered to Mr clutch. Lesson learnt ? don't wait get it fixed ?

Clutch done with 20000 mile warrenty. ?

141 - 160 of 224 Posts