I finished installing a multimedia system with everithing you ever need
i will post a video soon with a review

and im waiting fore some parts to finish my custom big brake kit
huge Brembo calipers and 334 mm brake discs and to lower the front by 35 mm

I finished installing a multimedia system with everithing you ever need
i will post a video soon with a review

and im waiting fore some parts to finish my custom big brake kit
huge Brembo calipers and 334 mm brake discs and to lower the front by 35 mm
Be interested to hear about the brakes. Got brembo calipers on mine but only 288mm discs.

Cheers, Jim

Today I plugged in my diagnostic tool and found the ecu may be getting wrong temp data. When the gauge and the engine are at operating temperature (88C) the coolant temp in PP2000 is 45C. I think this has some bearing on starting problems I'm having.

Today I continued with my temperature issue. Previously when the engine was at operating temp(90C) the ecu parameter was 45 degrees C. I checked today and with the engine temp at 32 degrees C the ecu coolant temp was 70 degrees C.:nono:

I also cleaned the throttle body and idle air valve. Made a rubber mounting damper out of an old exhaust mount for the radiator (top) and tightened the air intake box mounting bracket. :thumb:

Be interested to hear about the brakes. Got brembo calipers on mine but only 288mm discs.

Cheers, Jim

I got brembo callipers from a astra VXR 2013 they are huge
and discs from audi tt vr6 334mm 32mm

they are the same height as peugeot ones but are 32mm thick
got them from mtec brakes and they did the pcb and the bore for me to fit my car
They offer loads of info on discs and you can find the size you want
Here are some examples of disks that fit peugeot 206 RC with the same PCB

MTEC1402 302mm Thickness: 26 Minimum Thickness: 24 Height: 34.2 Bore Diameter: 66 Studs: 4

MTEC1587 340mm Thickness: 30.0 Minimum Thickness: 28.0 Height: 34.3 Bore Diameter: 71.0 Studs: 4 for the bore you need an adaptor

You have to measure everything twice and make sure your calipers are designed for bigger discs
Now im doing the brackets for the callipers
il put a video on youtube in a couple of weeks and some pictures on the forum

I'm struggling a bit with the brake lines my callipers need brake lines with banjo bolts
i dont know exactly what to order now im thinking of using from megane 225 but the lines are much longer 640mm

Saturday car EML came on, and would not rev past 2500 put it on a reader and had a cluster F$%^ÂŁ of codes all due to the MAFF dropping out of range cleared codes but MAFF pending fault code came back, well one VDO flow sensor later and she all sweet in fact a bit better as I have lost the flat spot I had passing 3 thou.

Changed the cam belt and water pump. Well almost done, slight hiccup when I opened the water pump box to find the wrong pump. Back to ECP and they got another one out which was correct. Someone in the packing department wasn't concentrating.
It's a 1.6 HDi 110, very few fitted to the 206, and what a pain it was to do some of the jobs, apart from the fact that there is no manual covering this variety.
Should get it finished in the morning.

If any cheapskate wants a slightly used water pump or cam belt, let me know, only done 130k miles in 11 years. They look almost new. ;-) Actually I was surprised at how good everything did look.

Not much work need doing on the pug she's been solid, however, hit a bit of a flood the other day, in the rain at speed, did get a wicked shimmy and had to fight the steering but stayed on the black stuff, all I can say is it caused one self to pucker so much so that at journeys end I felt I would need to call the fire brigade to come and dig out most of the seat cloth and foam from my ass :D

Front crank seal, to hopefully cure an oil leak, therefore cambelt and water pump. While I was at it and various other bits were out. Oil and filter, coolant, new Laser Iridium plugs and green cotton air filter. New battery box and reversing light switch.

Took so long I haven't had a chance to check if it's solved everything but the oil -leak 'seems' to have gone and I'm sure I could see behind me when I reversed out of the workshop. If the oil-leaks's gone, I can now clean my drive - yay.

Also apparently inadvertantly cured a rattle that I intended to look at but thought I'd run out of time to do so. A good day and not too many scratches cuts and bumps. :thumb:

Cheers, Jim

Replaced the rear door speakers (why the hell did they rivet them in!!??!) and replaced the driver's door check strap as it had sheared through at some point in the past and the door was swinging open to about 90 degrees. I just got some basic Alpine SXE-1325S which are already an upgrade as the rear nearside Goodmans original wasn't working at all. I did the fronts a couple of weeks ago, and added a steering column interface box to the Kenwood head unit that the previous owner had put in. It's a 17-year old runabout but it's quite fun to do these little bits and bobs to it :)

Spent all day under the back removing the rear axle to put in a refurbished one.
It was making lots of clonking noises over bumps, and the rear wheels were far from vertical.
It's a 2006 SW, and most of the time was taken in dealing with rusted up bolts.
Hopefully tomorrow the new one will go on a bit quicker.

121 - 140 of 224 Posts