Peugeot Forums banner

What have you done to your 206 today?

253K views 223 replies 86 participants last post by  simon hopkins 
#1 ·
Thought I would start this as going well for the 307.

#2 ·
fixed oil leak.

Today I fixed my oil leak.
Took out the vacuum pump, cleaned it, fitted new seals.
All done, no leak.

Yesterday I tackled my open circuit on my fuel cap sensor.
Did ohms test, showing 1 whether cap fitted or off.
Order new sensor £60 + vat, part of a loom from additive pump.
Must fix though as dpf won't re-gen.

#10 ·
Today, like a fart! left my car keys in my front door! So someone has stolen the key but left my car oddly enough? So its cost me a day off work, phone call to the police, phone call the insurance company, and phone call to Peugeot dealer. Also cost me £40 for a wheel clamp so hopefully it doesn't disappear tonight! :)

Also almost didn't know where my spare key was, but found it.

#11 ·
Last few days done the following on my 206 hdi gti 2005.
Replaced cambelt (actually didn't need doing but no record of when last done).
Replaced turbo cartridge as my previously new turbo blew up spectaculally (seal failure) :eek:
Dropped sump for a clean out and pipes and filter etc so now all nicely clean and reassembled, it was surprising very clean in there.
Cleaned the induction system as best as I could and removed the ERG valve and cleaned.
Fitted new glow plugs while I had easy access, 3 of 4 were dead NGK's now fitted new Beru.
Waiting to get an oil filter and Synthetic oil on Monday from my usual motor factor - I've already removed my dpf and had reprogrammed as couldn't get the light out even on PP
So Monday its fill her up and crossed fingers this turbo don't blow ! :thumb:
Must confess that its the 2nd worst vehicle I've every owned 1st was a R5 gt turbo many years ago which did in the end beat me :eek:
My 206cc is great :thumb:

#13 · (Edited)
Just replaced brake pipes front to rear.
In the last year I've replaced:
turbo, 2 x wishbones, 2 x front wheel bearings, disc and pads, drop links, turret top bearings, exhaust, com 2000, drive shafts, clutch kit, drive shaft oil seals, full timing kit inc w/pump.

Worst car I've ever had I'm afraid.

I can't wait for replies of certain individuals:lol:

#16 ·
Today I finally got to the bottom of a weird starting problem- all dials clicking to zero, clock resetting, poor idle and random fault lights/beeps. Found a video with similar symptoms at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzm5fr0nnNo and courtesy of Babelfish asked him how he repaired the problem. Answer, replace the battery, all now sorted. Surprised me as battery appears fairly new and cranked well, suspect the voltage drop was messing with the 206's head.

#18 ·
Last few weeks, New cat, middle and backbox, rocker gasket and sump as was wet at both ends. Had previously fitted a complete black interior snaffled off eBay for a fiver, as opposed to that crappy swirly blue, and this week actually had it fully valeted [came up like new] well chuffed. while all that was ongoing been faffing with interior lights [going blue] and spraying interior plastics metallic silver. New bonnet and tailgate with a big black stripe down it, rest of car is silver, just gotta get the rear roof spoiler off my old tail and glue to new one [yes i know you can pick em up for a little as 25 quid] ---------------- oh and i whacked some Fusion reactor 6*9's in the rear shelf, now sounds awesome, am a tad deaf LOL

loads more i wanna do but as and when funds allow, biggerwheels drop front end [not too low] etc

#19 ·
I discovered my brake lights were on constant, it's almost as though the car knew its dreaded MOT was imminent and wanted me to get my hands dirty, I fumbled around the brake pedal looking for the switch before remembering it's located behind the glove box, a fiddly but easy fix and only £11.50 from the Peugeot main dealer, even the storeman gasped in disbelief at the price and double-checked it!

Anyway, fitting it was a bit fiddly but easy enough after removing a small foot protective panel, it just screws into a fixed bracket and a twist rotation secures it.

Next on the dirty hand list was the fitting of new brake pads and discs, easy enough with no rust impediments, I Waxoyled all this stuff from new, I know there are differing opinions about retracting the caliper pistons, but to be on the safe side I opened the bleed nipple to expel fluid into a container while using the proper tool to avoid any back pressure on the ABS modulator ( a very expensive item and not worth risking lots of important beer vouchers on replacement stuff!)

So, after the expected MOT pass, I performed my usual Waxoyl spray routine around all vulnerable underside components, especially the ABS reluctor rings the rear brake backplates and all exposed brake pipes and hoses and anywhere I thought might be looking a wee bit rusty.

Another year's trouble-free motoring (hopefully!)

Benny.

#21 ·
last few weeks

Changed rear axle, including new wheel bearings, shocks, now having camber and toe problems at rear and possibly sitting to high!!!!
Trying to sort out with axle refurbishment company.

Had 4 wheel aliment done.

Changed front pads as one came de laminated and causing peddle to go soft after reversing.

Changed nearside wish bone, lost loads of gear box oil as drive shaft popped out!!!
So dropped rest of oil and put new in.

#22 ·
Last night I was driving along and my engine management light started flashing and beeping, pulled over and turns out my cars radiator had corroded. I had the car just over 24 hours!

Today I went out and brought a shiny new radiator with two new hoses! Actually got a good deal with main dealer too! Then the car went from the flashing engine management light to just steady, phoned up a garage because I don't have a diagnostics tool and got the codes read, turns out it just needed resetting and to top it all off it was free! :D was impressed!

#23 ·
Oil and filter change. 27 and 24mm spanners required fyi :) Ratchet set works best on the filter cover as I couldn't get straight onto it.

Unblocked rear wash wiper, replaced wiper reservoir funnel for one that fits and doesn't pour screen wash all over the drive.

Ordered new alloy centre caps (from Hong Kong, how do they do free postage??)

Thats it for today. Just the temp sensor in the mirror to do and that me done for now!

#26 ·
having fitted a clutch in my nephews 206 on Sunday. that still isn't quite right on gear change but he is living with it until i can sort it. I have now started on my own 206. I'm going to be fitting the following, clutch kit including release bearing guide, bottom wish bones, track rod ends, drop links, anti roll bar bushes and i think its going to need strut top mounts as well but not got these yet. she is up on axle stands and have started taking a few bits off under the bonnet, going to hit it hard and early tomorrow morning.

#29 ·
productive day working on the car. all front suspension stripped out, gearbox out, new clutch fitted, gearbox back in, need to pick up some more parts tomorrow then friday get the rest back together. wont get any time to work on it tomorrow as the wife has a date with mr grey and i have got to look after the little one.