Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd start the sort of thread seen on car forums so.....

What have you done in your 3008 today?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Filled it to the rafters with camping gear and set the sat nav for the south west! Rear 12v socket ideal for the beer fridge ?

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (39.8mpg)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
may be a chance for you to put your policemans hat on as mod Storeman!!

Grumpy

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just thought I'd start the sort of thread seen on car forums so.....

What have you done in your 3008 today?
I think the threads are normally labelled "what have you done with your car, not in. However, the summer is coming, so I'm not ruling out fun activities inside the car either :whistle:

But it could be honest misunderstanding from my side. I blame the Norwegian primary education for all language barriers :lol:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I think the threads are normally labelled "what have you done with your car, not in. However, the summer is coming, so I'm not ruling out fun activities inside the car either :whistle:

But it could be honest misunderstanding from my side. I blame the Norwegian primary education for all language barriers :lol:
Reading your posts, I would say your use of written English is excellent. In and with can both be used in context but I agree with Beau in that we would normally use ‘in’.

What did you do in your car today? I went shopping .

What did you do with your car today? I used it as a tractor.

In both cases in and with can be swapped but in my opinion would not sound quite right although I'm sure other members will have their own thoughts on the matter.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Filled it to the rafters with camping gear and set the sat nav for the south west! Rear 12v socket ideal for the beer fridge ?

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (39.8mpg)
That's a whole lot of camping gear I manage to get all mine on the back seats of my 308 (single zero unfortunately) with a small rollup roofbox taking the rest. The dog has the whole of the boot to himself.:D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The other day, I drove my 3008 to a discount DIY store to purchase a flat pack pergola for my current project. After an earlier reconnoitre I had decided the whole bundle would be too heavy for the roof rack so I set the front passenger seat in the lay-flat position and spread a load of cardboard out to protect the internal surfaces.

The four 90 x 90 x 2400 mm long posts, by far the heaviest components, were carefully placed inside the car and the 9 No. 3m long joists were secured to the roof rack with straps. My wife spent the return journey in the single rear seat which she said was quite comfortable.

One up for the 3008 because I could not have done that with my Focus!

One downside to this escapade is the amount of dust I have found inside the car and most of it has found its way into the numerous nooks and crannies on the dash and central console which is going to be a nightmare to remove. I have also noticed the plastic lining materials are slightly dimpled and these have also attracted the dust.

Another almost disaster in the making is the automatic tailgate which was going to touch the overhanging joists if opened fully. I had worked out how to stop the tailgate from opening fully by pressing the stop switch and this was fine as a temporary solution. However, whilst waiting to pay at the payment kiosk a female assist was trying to open the tailgate to check I didn’t have anything in the car I shouldn’t. Fortunately she couldn’t work out how to operate the opening mechanism otherwise I would have had a damaged tailgate and an insurance claim to contend with.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Drove from East Sussex to Suffolk for a fishing holiday. The car performed very well with the exception of TomaTom. Live - what's new? What really brasses me off ( polite) is an accessory costing £139 affects the enjoyment of a car with a £23 - £35k price tag! I wonder if Theresa May's advisers had anything to do with TomTom (political) sorry!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Drove my 3008 to medway hospital to be around for the birth of my stepdaughters first child , nothing more beautiful , (that's the birth ) the car pretty amazing too.
Have no complaints except 1, the ridiculous placement of the cruise controls ... what were the designers thinking , went to great lengths to create the best interior in any car including premium brands , and then hide these behind the steering wheel.

That said ....What a car , a delight to drive and a real head turner.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Drove my 3008 to medway hospital to be around for the birth of my stepdaughters first child , nothing more beautiful , (that's the birth ) the car pretty amazing too.
Have no complaints except 1, the ridiculous placement of the cruise controls ... what were the designers thinking , went to great lengths to create the best interior in any car including premium brands , and then hide these behind the steering wheel.

That said ....What a car , a delight to drive and a real head turner.
I agree with you about the cruise control Mark but believe me, you will get used to it. It seems to be those of us who have bought their first Peugeot that have issues with the cruise- those who already drive Pugs don't seem to have a problem.

Congratulations on the new baby in your family btw.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I agree with you about the cruise control Mark but believe me, you will get used to it. It seems to be those of us who have bought their first Peugeot that have issues with the cruise- those who already drive Pugs don't seem to have a problem.

Congratulations on the new baby in your family btw.
I've come from a Citroen, it would feel weird for it to be anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I drove 400 frustrating miles not being able to work out how to operate the cruise control, never had a problem in my numerous previous cars. My fault, I should have checked before I left home but even with 3 or 4 stops to study the manual I still couldn’t find the damn buttons. It wasn’t until I looked up the on-line manual that I saw where the two crafty buttons are hiding.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Those are the ones, I worked out how to operate the cruise on button, no problem, but finding those two pesky buttons…

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've come from a Citroen, it would feel weird for it to be anywhere else.
On the steering wheel on my citroen DS5, same on our 508.

The stalk does look really old fashioned and reminds me of things on a renault from a decade ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts