Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1034 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id start a thread up on what youve had done to your car today or recently just as a bit of fun really. Ill start with.....

Had both front anti roll bar links replaced today as well as the N/S lower ball joint and the N/S suspension leg lower bush (the one that always fails). Now £300 lighter! Another £80 on my taxi compliance test and mot tomorrow

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
here we go, my shopping list of the last 2 months:

-aircon pipes replaced (free of charge)
-undertray (stupid road kill)
-bolts for ac compressor renewed
-oil pipe and clips for intercooler replaced
-new instrument cluster (because i flucked with it too much)

to do:
-get coolant pipes replaced
-remap

quite possibly:
-get wheel bearings looked at, ford reckon there is a noise, yet i cant hear it :shrug:

i havnt washed my car for about 7 months now :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Enabled aux on rt3, removed all the crap in the back left by my kids.

To do asap:

both front lower ball joints.

possible wheel bearing.

binding rear brake.

MOT.

J

·
0 Posts
Two new headlight bulbs this evening (always buy in pairs and replace both and keep the other as a spare)

Cleaned all the inside out on Sunday... would have done the outside, but Peugeot done that for me FOC last week, along with all the work too :thumb:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ok here we go, in order chronological order from now to 5 months ago when i got er:

-Installed parking sensors, cables and ecu
-Installed LED sidelights
-Insulated plastic bits around the cabin to stop plastic screetching
-Cleaned turbo air pressure sensor
-Replaced broken rear left glass
-Installed cruise control
-Installed rear window blind
-Replaced scratched front and rear right glasses
-Replaced worn out front right window sliding mechanism
-Replaced dashboard leds to red
-Replaced all other leds to red (except mfd)
-General servicing (done by local car shop)
-Replaced wheel nut caps
-Replaced 407 badge on boot lid
-Replaced washing fluid cap
-Replaced boot mat plastic handle
-Fixed broken washer fluid hose leading to jet
-Replaced wiper blades
-Got new winter tyres
-New driveshaft, replaced broken one (done by shop)
-New engine suspension, replaced broken one (also done by shop)
-Rear abs sensor
-Horn switch fix
-Boot lid switch fix

Everything was done by me alone, with some tiny bit help of my gf, except for few things noted in brackets which were done by mechanic at local car shop. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
front lower ball joints
new key
front spring
wheel bearing
winter tyres
ipod connection
new front headlight bulbs
rear earth mod
indicator mod
ABS sensors on rear, still need to fins me ABS fault though

Been a week without a problem, I'm getting nervous.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If you get bored easily just look away

Over last three months: obtained diag tool to enable reps. cleaned dpf, topped eolys up, fitted fuel cap sensor, set counters, re-fitted heat shield above rear exhaust box, fitted 4 glow plugs, fitted preheat relay, changed oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, diesel filter, new insert in turbo pipe, new egr valve, cooling fan relay, rear light earth, two front wheel bearings, two bottom ball joints, two top ball joints, two drop links, one abs sensor, today made a diy press and re fitted hub flanges, retro fitted cruise control and speed limiter. To do: a new dmf and clutch, new cooling fan, a stay in a sanitorium.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Over last three months: obtained diag tool to enable reps. cleaned dpf, topped eolys up, fitted fuel cap sensor, set counters, re-fitted heat shield above rear exhaust box, fitted 4 glow plugs, fitted preheat relay, changed oil, oil filter, air filter, pollen filter, diesel filter, new insert in turbo pipe, new egr valve, cooling fan relay, rear light earth, two front wheel bearings, two bottom ball joints, two top ball joints, two drop links, one abs sensor, today made a diy press and re fitted hub flanges, retro fitted cruise control and speed limiter. To do: a new dmf and clutch, new cooling fan, a stay in a sanitorium.
sounds like you built the car :lol:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
latest on the warranty issue. The car was bought with credit card for protection. Its been paid off but they have a duty under section 75 consumer credit act to sort it out. They rang today, I have to take the car back to the dealer (who fraudulently sold me a 3 month warranty and never registered it with the warranty company)for new dmf and clutch, and cooling fan, he is going to ring me today, hasn't. I have to give him the chance to fix it (bodge) and i must be happy with the repair, cant see inside the bell housing. once happy with the bodge oh sorry repair, the card company will reimburse me for all those jobs ive been doing over the last 3 months, about £900 worth of parts but nowt for my labour. Well progress I guess, what do you say?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The best of it is it drove OK and passed inspection before money changed hands. Looked a good buy with only 64,000 on the clock but just shows how wrong you can be. Am I glad i got credit card cover, told them i was going to use the card and they said OK so covered. Just as well as the warranty never materialised. My missus said use the card, she had 6th sense i think
I must say its a brilliant drive, comfortable, quiet, smooth, I like the looks and fuel economy and the toys, always get a kick form the c control. I will keep it regardless, well its almost new now.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You win! :D

J

·
0 Posts
I still haven't told mine that IT is going to go soon, in fact it should have been today, so riding the fuel light until I get the A4. Haven't even graced this one with a name.

Anyway, Since I got mine I replaced the wipers and did footwell lights (And interior lights).

I know this is in the 407 part but after John replied I thought "why not eh?"

1 - 20 of 1034 Posts