Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

one of the fittings glued to the inside top of the rear window that the high level brake light attach to has come off and I'm finding it hard to stick it back on and for it to stay on.

Can anyone recommend a glue or alternative that would work? I'm wondering if an M3 sticky pad might be the way forward.

Thanks.

·
5,027 Posts
is it just the high level brake light cover ??? how much is a replacement from the dealer ??

quick look on servicebox,assuming it is the high level brake light cover,there are 2 and one is just under £20 and the other is just over £20.
In my life mine will be the more expensive one

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it just the high level brake light cover ??? how much is a replacement from the dealer ?
Hi,

It's not the cover but one of the two mounts that are glued to the glass that the light housing screws into. Having trouble gluing it back on and making it stay in place.

·
5,027 Posts
can you take a picture ?? Is it to bond something to the glass ?? if so epoxy resin should do it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

one of the fittings glued to the inside top of the rear window that the high level brake light attach to has come off and I'm finding it hard to stick it back on and for it to stay on.

Can anyone recommend a glue or alternative that would work? I'm wondering if an M3 sticky pad might be the way forward.

Thanks.
Had similar problem, I just used superglue and didnt tighten screw that tight as did this first time and just came off, If i had stuff to do the job it would be SIKIFLEX 221, its industrial strength sealer/adhesive, used for boats and caravans mainly but will stick the screw housings solid, will take good few hrs to cure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts