Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Looking after my first Peugeot now, so I'm new to it all. It's 2004 307SW 1.6 petrol/manual.
On a recent trip at night, both dipped headlights turned off, also the green panel dipped status light. Main beam worked normally, but without dipped beams. I stopped with hazard lights on, and stopped the engine. Soon after, I decided to drive on to the next village with street lights. The dipped lights were working normally again and have remained OK.
Is this problem related to some overall management computer, and where can I find out how this is organised in this car?
Many thanks for all tips and help.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Turning ignition off and on resets the ECU. If you leave the car for long enough the BSI will switch off too (about 60seconds or so after the last touch of a button or door opening).

If the green light disappeared off the dash, it is likely a fault in the COM2000 module behind the steering wheel which controls lights, wipers etc. If it starts to happen frequently you may want to look at replacing it. Not too expensive, but bit of a job to take the airbag and steering wheel off :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts