Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a mobile mechanic out there a few weeks ago to check my Peugeot its been off the road for over a year as it was my dads car before it was mine. My dad was told his turbo was gone and it was €1300 just for the part and he was told the pistons were gone so he decided to get another run around but that was last year he has a better car now so he gave me the Peugeot. I read online and from what I read the pistons weren't blown because the car wouldn't run so I got the mechanic out and he hooked up the diagnostic machine and had a look over the car and said the turbo was the only thing wrong with the car.

My question is: Is the car worth getting fixed? It's out of the NCT (DOE I think its called in the UK) so since it's been lying up I'd need the brake pads and all done and on top of getting the turbo replaced although I've found a used one for €250... Is the car worth fixing? Thanks

EDIT: Also what faults would the diagnostic show? Would it show the likes of the clutch etc? Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Hi, I take it you're in Ireland talking about NCT.
What engine is in the car?
1.6 hdi?
Be very careful, the turbo is gone for a reason. usual reason is from lack of servicing and or bad quality oil.
To be honest if the turbo is gone the engine most likely is scrap as it is coked up with carbon which will never be flushed from the lubrication system fully.
Drop me some more info on the car, I'll give you some options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I take it you're in Ireland talking about NCT.
What engine is in the car?
1.6 hdi?
Be very careful, the turbo is gone for a reason. usual reason is from lack of servicing and or bad quality oil.
To be honest if the turbo is gone the engine most likely is scrap as it is coked up with carbon which will never be flushed from the lubrication system fully.
Drop me some more info on the car, I'll give you some options.
Sorry I thought I'd put it in its a 2002 Peugeot 307 2 litre HDI 110.
I don't think the car was serviced much I'm not too sure though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts