Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, what does it do on the 407 ST Comfort (2.0 liter, 2008). I know it makes the gear changeover happen at higher revs than normal, and it downshifts faster when applying throttle. But is that all it does?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, so not like some of the Audis and BMW's where it also changes the injection rates and mixtures?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
It possibly does but the end result is the same you simply use more fuel my subaru has a sport button on its gearbox and its pointless as it just makes the engine rev higher it is fast enough in normal mode !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it changes when the car shifts gears, and when it downshifts. On some cars it does a few extra things, like changing the injection / fuel / timing. On others still it also changes the suspension/ESP. Therefore my question. What, apart from the obvious, does it also do?

Not trying to argue here, I'm just inquisitive by nature so when my car has a function I want to know exactly what happens behind the scenes when it's used - doesn't mean I'm going to use it :)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You can have power AND economy my v6 espace has 200 hp and does 25mpg 30 on a run and is cheaper to run than my clio diesel as it runs lpg at 50p a litre

my subaru is the same 260hp 15-20 mpg on lpg depending on how much towing it does.

Power is no use if you cant afford to feed the monster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts