Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I turn the ignition on my 307, just before the mileometer actually shows the miles, it shows something that looks like it's telling me something is empty, but no idea what it is apart from a squiggly icon in the top right corner.

Can anyone please enlighten me on what it might be?

Using my best Microsoft Paint skills, it sorta looks like this... i.imgsafe.org/9eaad8e.jpg (copy and paste because I can't post links yet)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a better picture to illustrate what I'm talking about...

Would it be oil level? Because doesn't that have a warning light too?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Think you'll find the lamp is for oil pressure warnings. As others have said already, that indicator is the oil level indicator but hsve been known to go faulty. Dipstick is still the best indicator for oil level.

·
11,961 Posts
Mine is faulty, except for when I do an oil change, then it works perfectly for a few weeks.

I suspect the sensor is clogged with dirty oil.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Despite owning my 307 for about 7 years i noticed something yesterday after doing an oil change that i`d never noticed before - the oil pressure light does not come on when you turn the ignition switch on!
After an oil and filter change it`s a habit i`ve got into to watch the light go out after start-up, but there was no light!

From what i can gather this is normal and the light only comes on if there`s low oil/no pressure after the engine has been started?

Just goes to show how observant i am.......

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the industry standard lamp-check has been abandoned in your model. Perhaps the lamp is defective?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts