• Morrisons

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

there is a fair discussion on the web regarding the quality of Diesel and whats best or not..

I know they come from the same refinery/supplier/depot etc but surely there would be some difference..

Just wanted to gather some views from the forum members as to what Diesel fuel is the best..

Many thanks

G

·
There's little difference - the biggest factor is the standard of the storage at the petrol station, and how conscientious the tanker drivers are when they pump the tanks.

Next biggest factor is how effectively the car is driven as to how well the fuel performs.

In the large majority of cases, the cheap brand fuel is coming from the same refinery source as the posh stuff.

·
Registered
77 Posts
307 sw se 1.6 hdi

in my eyes theres no differnce like you said 90% of it comes from the same refinery/depot in the same tanker the only differnce is the price it all has to pass the same quality control test before it is sold the the high street garages :thumb:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forbsey said:
in my eyes theres no differnce like you said 90% of it comes from the same refinery/depot in the same tanker the only differnce is the price it all has to pass the same quality control test before it is sold the the high street garages :thumb:
agreed, however recently we have had quite a few cars in with fuel problems.. each time I asked the customers, they said they use Tesco fuel..

problem with injectors water in the diesel and the consumption isnt good either.

thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
Have seen banners for BP Ultimate, anyone tried this.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yea noticed that, and it also says if I remember correctly, "up to 34 miles longer". Not worth it if Im right.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
daffyduck said:
Yea noticed that, and it also says if I remember correctly, "up to 34 miles longer". Not worth it if Im right.
I refuse to go to BP simply becaz they just decide thier own price.. Which is ridiculous.. I would no for BP always...

PS. Please use the voting button at the top guys

G

·
daffyduck said:
Although when the AA tried to reproduce this they failed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts