Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reeeally sorry to intrude and I know it's possible I'll get some abuse but ...... deep breath I have a Citroen. There I've said it!! :thumb:

I have a C4 Grand Picasso VTR+ and need a set of steel wheels to put some winter tyres on but the dealer wants £60 each and there aren't many scrappers due to this being a reasonably new model. This is where you come in - I know that some of the Pugs have the same size wheels but I don't know which model so I can search for them.

I need 16 inch rims (preferably steel) with 108 X 4 PCD with a 25mm Offset and 65.1mm bore

Any ideas? Thanks for your time

G

·
You want winter tyres? where in the name of all that's holy do you live? Lapland?

Still, if you must...you're pretty limited for 16" steelies. Off the top of my head the poverty spec 407s are the only ones I can think of thatwould have steelies inthat size.

IMHO you'd be better off knackeringyour existing tyres ASAP and replacing them with some good year round tyres from the likes of Goodyear, Avon of Michy. Snow tyres are crap in anything except snow, and a liability the rest of the time, and we don't get that much of the white stuff. As for the wet and slush then some good all weathers from the brands abouve perform reasonably well but still give decent dry weather performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in the frozen wastes of NE Derbyshire :D

the tyres I need are not specifically for deep snow conditions but are made from a compound which performs much better at lower temps than we experience in the UK. They have very different tread patterns to general use tyres most cars run on in the UK.

We plan to drive from Calais to Stuttgart in December to visit family and from there will move on to Zirl near Innsbruck. The low valleys on the route regularly get 1 metre+ of snow and temperatures can drop to -16 in the Black Forest.

I have driven a golf on sheet ice with these kind of tyres on and last year drove a Zafira without winter tyres and found it very skittish and seemed to be on the edge most of the time. Although not legally required throughout Europe they are recommended in both Germany and Austria and I would be happier with Mrs Commuter and 2 Commuter sprogs on board. My wife used to change over to winter tyres in November and back again around March this is the pattern for most drivers in and around the Black Forest.

Thanks for the info I'll check out 407 steel wheels and post back if I find any

1 - 4 of 4 Posts