Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Allright I'm close to buying my first 407. I've had Peugeots since I got my drivers license, and I have been used to tinkering with them. The 407 is equipped with a RD4 with the small monochrome diaplay. I'd like to change this for a RT3 (or RT3/rneg) - but I'm unsure on what the RT3 actually can..

RT3 plays MP3 discs, built in telephone system, navigation...

It does have video input right?

YES

Can the firmware be hacked to allow video input while driving?

NO, the only way is to do some soldering on the screen circuit board
Much easier on RT4 and RT5, there is a special software for this..

Or can it be used with a reverse cam?

NO

If I'm to use it for navigation, do I have to have the cd in it while driving?

YES

Can it play music via line-in while navigating?

NO, only if you have a CD changer
RT4 and RT5 and RNEG can play music while navigating as maps are stored in hard drive ( SD card on RNEG )
RT4 and RT5 also support USB ( USB cable required )

Can the backgrounds be changed? (via firmware hacking)

Not sure..

Does it support bluetooth?

NO, only RT5 has built in Bluetooth

Hi, m3mpower thanks for all your comments. I just got fixed an RT3 replacing my RD4 :thumb:. Any idea how we can get a reverse camera to get fixed in to this so the video input auto turns on to show the stream from the camera.

There is a video that someone has a reverse cam on RT3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=30&v=q23JuBX8tqA

If not any idea what purpose there is a video input? is it intended to have an external player to play video while it is in idle?

Cheers!

gimhans

407 2.0 HDI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I have an 807 factory fitted with an RT3 which appears to be at least partly defective as it does not accept the SIM card and also the CD does not read the map CD. Does anyone know if it is a straight swap to replace it with a working unit? Or do I need to code it into the vehicle with Planet and Lexia? Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi I have an 807 factory fitted with an RT3 which appears to be at least partly defective as it does not accept the SIM card and also the CD does not read the map CD. Does anyone know if it is a straight swap to replace it with a working unit? Or do I need to code it into the vehicle with Planet and Lexia? Thanks.
You will need to reprogram the stereo with the new VIN

21 - 26 of 26 Posts