Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using Osram Nightbreakers (£18 pair) myself , looking for something as good but cheaper any ideas? Philips extreme are getting good reviews but are expensive (£30ish) ,

p.s something that lasts in a Peugeot (which could be hard):lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I switched to the Nightbreakers last summer. They're much better than the OEM bulbs fitted, but about twice the price. The first headlight bulb has just popped, after about five-six months. Which isn't bad, as the OEM ones (either Osram or Philips, I can't remember) seemed to die every three months or so.

C

·
0 Posts
I use Osram Ballbreakers - excellent performers, legal, and no more expensive than bulbs from the dealers if you trawl the interweb. Ballbreakers defeated all comers in a test of legal bulbs in Performance Car(?) recently, and have the added advantage of a very silly name for me to misuse for my amusement!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Halfords Ultra Blue Range are great, give a good blue light. £3.99 for sidelights which Ive got, getting dipped and main soon but they are quite dear.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Laser blue range is legal, ultra blue is illegal but dont really care. You'd need to meet a very awkward policeman to get a fine.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yep, they're very good, I picked up two brand new ones on ebay, hoping to see a halfords dipped set soon as £17.99 each in halfords is a bit dear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Compact fluorescent light bulbs use less energy, last longer and cost less ... It is one of the best things you can do for the environment—and your budget. ...

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
I really like the Halfords Extreme Brilliance. Maybe not as pretty as blue ones but I find them much better as far a range goes. Dear though at £19.99 each but they usually do a bogof offer on them.

C

·
0 Posts
AllyAshantiBrown said:
Compact fluorescent light bulbs use less energy, last longer and cost less ... It is one of the best things you can do for the environment—and your budget. ...
yes, but each on takes about 60 times as much energy to manufacture as a conventional incandescent lightbulb, so across its life the normal bulb winds by a huge margin.

Do your homework before coming on here talking tosh.

D

·
0 Posts
A pair of 100w80's are better than the whole lot of them. Just lower them a little bit. Illegal but if lowered they work a treat.

J

·
0 Posts
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140346683713&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

These are the xenon ultra whites. I had my bulbs go just after I bought the car, and got some from my local bp garage. I may as well have had candles in there. So I bought these. EBay isn't THAT bad :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts