Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much as the title really, does anyone know what these blanks(arrowed) are for and more importantly can i get a switch that'l fit and work using one of these

pretty much as the title really, does anyone know what these blanks(arrowed) are for and more importantly can i get a switch that'l fit and work using one of these

what i need to do is to disable my parking sensors for when ive got the cycle rack on the towbar and when ive got the caravan on the back cos the sensors just beep constantly (as we know the 407 beeps enough without adding to them). Ive got a switch hidden in the rear corner but thought a proper one on the dash would be better

what i need to do is to disable my parking sensors for when ive got the cycle rack on the towbar and when ive got the caravan on the back cos the sensors just beep constantly (as we know the 407 beeps enough without adding to them). Ive got a switch hidden in the rear corner but thought a proper one on the dash would be better

J

·
0 Posts
They are there for extra functions.... one as you've described, parking sensors, and one for sport suspension. Would have thought you could get a parking sensor switch and do you own wiring behind :thumb:

Attachments

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found a burnt out 407 in a scrapyard yesterday
it had the parking sensor switch intact the centre console was already in bits so no tools were needed, good job cos i didnt have any got the switch out and its the three switches in one on the bottom corner NOT individual, anyhow went to the guy asked him how much for the switch................pointing out that it came from a burnt out dash and it could have been this switch at fault...........the thieving barsteward wanted £10 for it
so the switch is still in the scrapyard not paying that much for it

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the switch i'm after (the one on the left)

and a picture from the rear (its the blue one)

J

·
0 Posts
Scrappys aren't like they used to be.... don't like selling small items, they only want to sell complete units of cars and put the prices right up.
Go back and see a different guy, he'll probably give you a different price :thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
or if you speak to the parts guy at the local dealer, he may give you a brand new one for the same price.

i was looking on my old 307 for the other 2 buttons, was about £7 each

·
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
or if you speak to the parts guy at the local dealer, he may give you a brand new one for the same price.

i was looking on my old 307 for the other 2 buttons, was about £7 each
yea i think i might do that, i'm not paying the thieving darlo barsteward £10 for a second hand one thats for sure, i'll stick with the hidden one in the boot before i do that:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts