Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your recommendations for a visible anti-theft device for a 207 cc please? My old Stoplock doesn't fit over the dome in the middle of the steering wheel. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I would suspect the factory immobiliser and steering lock would be sufficient. It certainly is more effective than the stoplock. Anyone capable of getting past the steering lock would have no problems removing the stoplock but still couldn't start the engine without a programmed key.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
What are your recommendations for a visible anti-theft device for a 207 cc please? My old Stoplock doesn't fit over the dome in the middle of the steering wheel. Thank you!
I am a vehicle locksmith, psa cars are not that quick or easy to steel as they change encryption many times, I have got a device to extract and decrypt the 4 digit pin used to program a key but in a lost key situation this takes about 90 mins

If you really want to stop anyone trying to program a key then you should look up obd blocker

·
11,818 Posts
I agree with the above, I don't think cars are stolen like they used to be.

Thieves will target specific vehicles for their value abroad. And joyriders now steal motorbikes.

·
Registered
14,891 Posts
These silly devices you put on your handbrake steering wheel etc are pointless if someone wants your car that is NOT going to stop them.

The standard immobiliser system is perfectly fine as without the key you CANNOT start the car.

Someone who steals cars knows how to get past all the silly gadgets on the market and in some cases you would be shocked at how fast they can be removed !

Immobilisers WILL stop them as there is no bypass no way to hotwire like you see in the films it does not work on modern cars.

Even locking the doors is not going to stop them locks only keep an honest man out :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
These days your more likely to be mugged or burgled and have your keys stolen so they can use the car as a getaway vehicle.
To be honest these professional gangs only target expensive 4X4`s,Merc`s,BMW etc,not a little 207 Peugeot.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
These silly devices you put on your handbrake steering wheel etc are pointless if someone wants your car that is NOT going to stop them.

The standard immobiliser system is perfectly fine as without the key you CANNOT start the car.

Someone who steals cars knows how to get past all the silly gadgets on the market and in some cases you would be shocked at how fast they can be removed !

Immobilisers WILL stop them as there is no bypass no way to hotwire like you see in the films it does not work on modern cars.

Even locking the doors is not going to stop them locks only keep an honest man out :)
That's wrong for a lot of Fords it's only since 2015 fords are harder to steal

All the key programming is done vi obd port and something that disables obd port works well as they think it's working but does not work, look up obd blocker

·
Registered
14,891 Posts
Ok i will rephrase all cars EXCEPT fords are hard to steal :)

But to be fair who would want to steal a modern ford it would probably break down before you got where you are going :)

We have 3 old fords here made long before immobilisers and they ARE easy to steal but a crooklock would not stop them going walkies we have our own security measures that are not visible and will stop all but a towtruck removing them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts