Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, i have a Peugeot 207 (09) my car comes with RD4 stereo. i would like to upgrade the radio on my car to support bluetooth and have higher quality audio. which aftermarket radio is recommended for my car and is not too expensive?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
You can’t go far wrong with Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer head units if you want to keep the MFD or steering wheel controls connects2 do a great job

Peugeot radio usually has a fakra connector so you’ll need an adapter Many Peugeots need an inline booster or radio is poor only maybe a tenner

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You can’t go far wrong with Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer head units if you want to keep the MFD or steering wheel controls connects2 do a great job

Peugeot radio usually has a fakra connector so you’ll need an adapter Many Peugeots need an inline booster or radio is poor only maybe a tenner
i have little interest in using the steering wheel controls, i don't mind using the display on the stereo itself. i'm primary going to being my phone playlist or dab from the phone, would be useful to use the radio if i ever have problems with my phone/signal. what's the inline booster i'd need? i'm looking for them on amazon and i don't think it's the correct stuff

something like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-PC5-137-Audio-Aerial-Adaptor/dp/B004TW7U0I/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PXZY1KWY7ARPZBHHN93G

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
Bear in mind you wont be able to reset the clock date or the language so every time the battery is disconnected you would need the standard radio refitted to do these things :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bear in mind you wont be able to reset the clock date or the language so every time the battery is disconnected you would need the standard radio refitted to do these things :)
It doesn't sound too much of a problem. I'll just keep the old one and use it when I need to change time/setup language.

So is there anything else I need beside the radio and the inline booster?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
i have little interest in using the steering wheel controls, i don't mind using the display on the stereo itself. i'm primary going to being my phone playlist or dab from the phone, would be useful to use the radio if i ever have problems with my phone/signal. what's the inline booster i'd need? i'm looking for them on amazon and i don't think it's the correct stuff

something like this?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoleads-PC5-137-Audio-Aerial-Adaptor/dp/B004TW7U0I/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PXZY1KWY7ARPZBHHN93G
At a guess that should do the booster specifically if your only using occasionally most of mine is streamed via Bluetooth

Re steering controls the connects2 also adapts the wiring harnesses you will still need some form of adapter or be good with soldering the wires correctly :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts