Peugeot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems that my concerns about my 307s are justified. When I got the car the MFD was not working along with the radio. Turns out that the multi pin plug had been removed from the MFD. Replaced the plug and all seemed to be fine, radio and display working.
Now the heap is showing its true colours as I have got two warnings, 1. ABS fault and 2. Airbag fault. This is also along with the left hand indicator coming on after the right hand indicator cancels oh! and a low speed engine surge when parking.
I have read the it is more than likely a Comms2000 problem but I haven't the foggiest how to go about changing this or what to look for or how to do a BSI power down.
Seems to me that these cars are truly a load of crap and I don't think that I will be keeping this for any length of time.
Rant over!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not being funny.. but

The issue seems to be that you brought a 307 that had an issue.... which should of rang warning bells and been investigated or repaired by the seller before handing over any money.

Bottom line is that you were had. :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mind boggling

Hi Dave Ive just been out to the crap, sorry, Car to plug a diagnostics in (not planet) but thought it would give me some pointers and guess what, even before plugging it in there was NO faults showing. Confirmed by plugging in diagnostics, still nothing showing. I am getting really confused!?!?!?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am getting really confused!?!?!?
I can do that :p, I call it a life style option

If after a nice cuppa tea or two, you decided that the cars worth keeping ... then planet (or a local friend wots got it) is a kinda necessity

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Seems to me that these cars are truly a load of crap and I don't think that I will be keeping this for any length of time.
Rant over!!!!!
You bought a used car which is going to be at least 7 years old. Where you expecting it to be like a new car ?

As Dave_P said, the car had issues as in the MFD & radio not working when you got it. The MFD is usually tampered with to hide the error messages before sale to stop the messages putting people off. I've come across this before but that time they only cut the canbus wires so the display worked to some extent.

You probably won't read any faults because most generic fault code readers or the torque app cannot interrogate all the ECU's. You generally need the manufacturers diagnostic or a very expensive multi brand diagnostic machine to read ABS & Airbag ecu's to name just two.

I've had an 04 and a 55 plate 307, both had over 100,000 miles on the clock when I bought them. They both ran perfectly and yes I had some jobs to do but considering the age and mileage on the cars this wasn't unexpected so your blanket statement about 307's being crap is bollox. Your purchase may well be a poor example but that is down to the previous owner(s) who didn't sort the faults and hid them from you prior to sale.

The chances are it won't take too much to get it running okay. The engine surge may well be a dirty EGR valve which in my case was cured with a couple of cans of EGR Cleaner sprayed into the air intake following the manufacturers instructions.

The ABS fault may well be a simple job, could be the well documented problem of rust on the backplate pushing the abs sensor out of alignment which once cleaned will probably not give any more issues for the life of the car. It could also be a dodgy sensor which is a relatively cheap and easy fix.

Indicator is a job that trustme can sort out for you at a fair price, do yourself with parts from ebay for a couple of quid or you can use the very cheap and effective bodge of sticking a piece of sponge under the stalk just inside the cowling. Sponge worked a treat for two years on my 04 plate 307. Lasted until I traded it in against the 308.

Having that kind of rant because you bought a car that hasn't been looked after will achieve nothing. OK you may get rid of it and buy maybe a ford / Vauxhall / Seat / VW / BMW / FIAT (god forbid) Hyndai etc and still end up with a car that has similar or even worse problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Storeman, I wasn't referring to ALL 307's just mine which is a 307S, and no I didn't expect it to be in perfect condition but I was getting frustrated with these faults 'pinging' up and then miraculously disappearing, only to come back at a later date...
I know that these niggles can be repaired and I will 'hopefully' end up with a good car.
'A worrier I am and always will be', better than being dead because I wasn't worried about the faults.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would agree that a planet diagnostic is needed here.

When a fault occurs it should stay registered and planet will pick it up. Other generic code readers may not.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Storeman, I wasn't referring to ALL 307's just mine which is a 307S
Apologies if I misinterpreted your first post but you did write this.......
It certainly reads like you are condemming all 307's but hey - that's the problem with written word - no voice tones or inflections to pass on the mood of a conversation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.