Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that the drivers side footwell was absolutely soaked through.

I've removed the plastic covers each side and the drain holes are clear and water poured through them drains out the normal way. The pollen filter is dry and the leak doesn’t look to of come through the door seal.

What I have noticed however is the the scuttle looks like it hasn’t been fitted properly (Ive only had the car a few months so I'm assuming it had a new windscreen in the past) and its clear not flush against the glass (I'll post a pic when I get home).

The question is; is it just a case of removing the scuttle and refitting it correctly or will the windscreen have to be removed and resealed. If the latter, has anyone had experience of Windscreen companies resealing windscreens or do they just fit new ones ??

Thanks in advance

Richard

P

·
0 Posts
Scuttles are a well documented problem on here. Bad design on all 307's. Best bet is take it off, give a good clean and refit. I added some black bathroom sealant when I fitted mine and hasn't given me any trouble.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the responce. How straightforward is it to remove, is there anything I need to be wary of ?

Thinking about it, I had a full service done last month (oir, air, fuel filters changed). Would they of removed the scuttle for that (and therefore I could speak to the garage about it).

Thanks

Richard

P

·
0 Posts
Assuming it's the same as my 307SW, wipers off, then the plastic plugs off and then carefully lift it off. You can also check condition of the sound deadening stuff that lives under the scuttle.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive just tried something suggested by a previous poster on here and taken some card and pushed it between the front of the dash and the windscreen and the card came back soaking....

P

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I posted your guide earlier thanks Gibbo. Very useful thanks. I took off the scuttle and resembled adding some silicone here and there...

The plastic that clips to the bottom of the windscreen is the issue, at one end it wants to come away from the edge of the windscreen, with luck is all in place now. It's by no means perfect (of to follow) but the rain we had on Monday was a little on the crazy side...

No doubt at some point the windscreen will get cracked and then it will get done properly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts