Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 407sw 1.6 hdi 167k
Hello all.
When i bought my 407 sw 1.6 hdi the intake was covered in carbon like a vulcano.
I have cleaned everything removed the injectors and replaced all the seals, and washers
i also replaced the strusts.and i assembeld everything again.
Yesterday it smelled burned diesel outside when the car is running more that i usually smell....guess.... looking down to the injectors i guess number 2 and 3 are wet again i see a black liquid.
I though it would last a few years but....it lasted a couple of monthst..i know many things could go wrong but....could it be from the struts? some people but a rubber seal and some silicone on them....is it a good porcedure? Is it the injectors?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's blowing past the copper injector seals.
I recently fixed the same fault on a friends Focus (same engine).
You need to make sure the injector pockets are absolutely clean and run a seat cutting tool by hand with light pressure to get rid of any burrs on the sealing face.
Only takes a couple of turns until the concentric marks from the previous seals are removed.
I borrowed one from a local engineering shop that does engine recons for the price of a couple of pints but they're not that expensive to buy.
The copper seals are single use as they are conical and designed to crush once. They should be fitted with the cone upwards towards the injectors.
Drop them in with a screwdriver down the middle to stop them flipping over.
The Focus is still running fine by the way.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's blowing past the copper injector seals.
I recently fixed the same fault on a friends Focus (same engine).
You need to make sure the injector pockets are absolutely clean and run a seat cutting tool by hand with light pressure to get rid of any burrs on the sealing face.
Only takes a couple of turns until the concentric marks from the previous seals are removed.
I borrowed one from a local engineering shop that does engine recons for the price of a couple of pints but they're not that expensive to buy.
The copper seals are single use as they are conical and designed to crush once. They should be fitted with the cone upwards towards the injectors.
Drop them in with a screwdriver down the middle to stop them flipping over.
The Focus is still running fine by the way.
I have tried to clean them the best i could but i will have a go on that.
Im not very confortable on that cutting tool i need to research more about it.
Thank YOu Ashdav

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tried to clean them the best i could but i will have a go on that.
Im not very confortable on that cutting tool i need to research more about it.
Thank YOu Ashdav
I forgot I have replaced the cooper washers to. but i will give it a go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts