Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had problem after problem with my 307 1.6 hdi. it had been running lumply and with the turbo randomly working for months and getting worse when i found out the inlet manafold was choked. This solved the problem for 2 whole days. On the way home tonight I lost all power. thought the turbo had given out. I pluged planet in and noticed i am getting 0.8 bar boost at max but the noticed it wont rev past 2850rpm. There is no black smoke coming out the exhaust and no fault codes.
Any one any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a look at the turbo and it seems to be working, the is in limp mode, but with no codes, i cant see any thing on planet that would suggest there is a problem. Could the the guy that changed the map for the FAP removal some how dissable the fault code system? I keep unplugging random sensors and the will not flag a fault.
The guy that did the map was a agent from KESS tuining and he did not seem to be that clued up which worries me.

D

·
0 Posts
I have had a look at the turbo and it seems to be working, the is in limp mode, but with no codes, i cant see any thing on planet that would suggest there is a problem. Could the the guy that changed the map for the FAP removal some how dissable the fault code system? I keep unplugging random sensors and the will not flag a fault.
The guy that did the map was a agent from KESS tuining and he did not seem to be that clued up which worries me.
Check the shaft of the turbo for movement.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would the turbo put it limp mode tho? there is a little up and down movement but no in and out. the turbo is boosting just not much and the car wont rev passed 2800rpm

veryConfused.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well found the problem, the person that changed the map so I could run with the FAP off, removed the fault system from the ECU so now never get fault codes. Was not amused so I am now getting my orginal settings put back on the car. The garage however have managed to get it out of limp mode by resetting a few parameters, he is not sure what one it was but he is going to show me. The mechanic did say it was the fastest 307 1.6 hdi he has ever driven by far.:)
It will be a shame it getting put back to stock soon.
So word of warning people, KESS tuining, dont have a clue about FAP off but do a not bad power remap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
picked up my car from the garage last night, did not even charge me as the mechanic could not tell me what he had done, just reset a few parameters he said. Most happy but driving the car home i did notice the power the car had, its nuts, between 3 and 4k rpm the power is nuts, i had it wheel spinning in 3 gear in the dry and that is on contintals tyres!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stuck in limp mode again, this car refuses to work for more than 2 days. need to wait till the 4of jan to get my orginal map back and to top it off, my bmw diesel decided to have its first real problem in 165,000miles. A burst rad hose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts