Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few weeks sometimes when I switch on my wipers nothing happens but if I move the switch to fast position they go. I can then use my wipers on all speeds including intermittent until the next time it happens which could be in the few minutes or next few days. FYI I have fitted a brand new comms unit in the past week and it made no difference. Reason for new comms unit was the indicators didn't self cancel anymore and i thought the wiper issue would be cured at the same time. New fuse box was fitted as well within the past 6 months.
Any ideas guys???

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I had exactly the same issue with a Buick LeSabre. It was the wiper motor.
Once the motor had a full voltage kick into life it was fine.
A new motor cured it. Btw it cost me £93 to have a reman unit delivered to my door in the UK from somewhere in Illinois, USA.

Roger.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All sorted and working normally. I did a fault code clear on the ecu and the wipers are now working fine. Only thing I can think of is that the wiper fault was caused by a the faulty Comms unit and when I replaced it the same fault was still stored on the ecu and the new unit carried on as if it hadn't been replaced. It's as if you have to tell the ecu that you've fitted a new part.
Who the f designed this???? :yikes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts