Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 307 is making a strange noise. Only way I can describe it is it sounds like something (like a coke bottle) is rolling around in the boot. I've checked the spare and jack and these are both secure. There is nothing else in the boot.

It only happens when accelerating/slowing down but it's intermittent. So sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Get the car lifted and and check everything underneath...wheels, brakes, rubber seals, suspension...I mean everything

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I had that with my old corsa. Was one of the first things I checked and it appears to be really tight.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Another one i have been aware off is the tops of the suspension struts...i think there is a bolt that can come slightly loose and knock around....im not too sure on the detail though

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I had something similar about a week after I bought my 307. Turned out it was the Horn bracket had rotted through and the horn was hanging by it's cables and catchin on the road especially when accelerating and slowing down.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with the stone theory, suspension faults normally result in thumping/banging noises as you go along not just during braking/acceleration.

·
5,017 Posts
I had this problem a few years ago after changing the engine in my Mk4 cortina, it turned out to be a 'mate' thought it would be fun to drop a nut down the front downpipe(exhaust) so it would go backwards on acceleration and rattle forwards on braking !!! Took weeks to sort.

Could someone have thrown a stone or something up the tailpipe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts