Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the blower resistor and plug on my wife's 05 307 in the summer,
Last month she told me the fan was only working on #3 speed.
So I pulled the resistor and plug and saw a wire had been pulled out. However when I got it back together it still only worked on #3. :eek:
I checked the wiring and found I only have a power supply when the switch is in #3 position.:(
I understood there was a constant supply to the resistor pack fed to the blower motor, the speed set by the switch sending current through the appropriate resistor.

OK I'm baffled. Any suggestions much appreciated.:madwife:

Roger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah, this has got me thinking.

I've just posted a question about my 307 Sport which has climate control & the fan has started running at full speed only & won't turn off even when the control panel shows the no fan symbol.

Your view that there should be a constant live feed to the resistor pack may well be correct which could explain a faulty resistor pack no longer stopping the constant live from operating the fan.

Unfortunately I can't get the resistor out of it's housing so I can't do any electrical tests on it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fixed the problem by replacing the blower fan wiring, a self contained mini loom, and resistor. I don't know quite what was wrong in the first place, but it's fine now.
Your car has climate control, it is different to my wife's car which just has a/c.

However there are some how to's concerning your particular set up, perhaps an administrator could guide you to one?.

Roger.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, climate control seems to be a mixed blessing, especially when it goes wrong.

There was one video clip on YouTube but the guy who made it never uttered a single word to say what he was doing & his phone camera was waving about so much it made me dizzy.

He meant well but it was virtually useless.

I'm in my 70's & what I could do 20 years ago I struggle do today, such as getting into the awkward positions necessary to see the actual resistor & although I can touch it I can't turn it to remove it.

Looks like being a garage job but at least I now know enough to tell them not to bother saying the dashboard needs to come out.

Lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts