Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have mentioned this before on other topics. But as my purchase of the Traveller is coming to fruition I want to nail this point in its own topic

In the brochure it's mentioned Allure models have additional non programmable heating. And in the user manual it states it etheir comes with a remote or you can program it. UK variants seems to be the former.

However it seems there is nothing further on this fob as if it mention it to dealers or other sources they say it can't be done by remote.

I think one member had their Traveller upgraded so the fob could be used.

·
5,980 Posts
Webesto used to offer a upgrade kit to convert nearly all their models to remote or timer operation

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was Grumpy. Have a look on the what to check on a Peugeot Traveller thread. He had his heater modified though

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi all,
update to the Webasto saga:)
After the very long hot Summer I've actually had an opportunity to try out my new upgraded Webasto for the first time since it was fitted last Spring. So with a lot of anticipation and excitement I pressed the button on my plip. It shows a green light if the heater has been turned on but alas all I got was a flashing red light.
So off to the dealer I go with a lot of disappointment. I left the car with them for an hour and they told me there should be a receiver aerial under the glove box in the dash. Sadly there's not one there.
So after a 2 week wait the aerial is now in and they are going to fit it next Friday. I'll update further after that, so watch this space:thumb:

Grumpy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also watching this with interest.

I've been looking at the heater parts on Peugeot Service box.

See the first attached image: highlighted parts 2 (Receiver) and 31 (Fob transmitter ) are only fitted where the heater can be remotely operated without the engine running. My car doesn't have parts 2 and 31. Part 01 is different depending on whether you can use the heater without the engine running.

Traveller water reheater parts.jpg

The bit I really want to figure out is the difference between the two versions of part 01 "water reheater". You can see from the image that there are two different versions. 98 090 347 80 is the one that can work without the engine running. 98 090 348 80 is the one that we have fitted to our cars. I can't figure out what the difference between them is though.

A bit more web surfing tells me that 98 090 348 80 is equivalent to webasto part number "9022158 E ". Crawling under my car I can also see this written on my heater unit. See second attached image.

My heater IMG_20180929_140907.jpg

98 090 347 80 is I think equivalent to webasto part 9022541A, but I haven't been able to check this as I only have my own car to look at! @Grumpy - what does your new webasto have written on it?

If Grumpy has a 9022158 E and his heater can be made to work remotely just by adding the fob and receiver then this would be really good news for others that want to retro fit this function. These parts are not cheap though - around £200 for the transmitter and £300 for the receiver, plus fitting.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi all,
Good news, I've just had the heater sorted, they've added in a receiver and messed with the config within the setup on his laptop and has got it working. The demo I saw was very good.
We here in the east are expecting another frost in the morning so I'm looking forward to testing it all out then. After, I'll report back and give you my findings. Hopefully no more ice scraping and cold leather for me :thumb::)

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Morning,

right then, I've today tried out my new remote "central heating" in my Traveller. It was forecast to be 1deg C this morning but in the event it was 8c. So this mornings tryout was during weather that was a little mild but I did it anyway.
at 0730 today I opened the car up and tested the inside temperature with a mobile temperature gauge. Inside the car it read 9c with the door shut and me paring through the window.. I then pressed the button on my plip, the little light went green and I could hear the Webasto start to work. I left it for 10 minutes and looked at the gauge at it said 12c. So, it's working :)thumb:) and I'm chuffed to bits. I left it for a further 5 minutes and it read 14c. I opened the door while the heater was still running and I could hear the fans running and feel the warm air circulating round the car. I pressed "off" on the plip and it all stopped and went quiet. Outside temperature was still reading 8c.

Going forward, it'll take a bit of trial and error to work out how long I need to have it on for it to reach an optimal temperature in the cabin and also how long to defrost depending on ambient outside temperatures but I'm sure I'll get there.

I will now post some pics.

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Photos
The fourth photo is of the receiver they had to fit for communicating with the plip.
Not very good pictures but short of putting the car on a ramp, this is the best I can do. I could just make out the part number as 9018615F

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Grumpy - really glad to know it is working.

From your part number (9018615) it looks like you have the version of the webasto heater that allows it to be used as a parking heater. (See the entry for PSA cars in here: http://webastokatalog.dk/onewebmedia/OE ombyttevarmer varmere 11-2017.pdf)

I suspect adding the remote control and receiver to my car (or others fitted with the "9022158" version) might not work :( . The only way to confirm would be to ask webasto but I've not had a response from them yet.

·
5,980 Posts
I'm sure that the remote option will work with the same model unit eg if its a Thermo Top Evo unit the interface is the same as they all work on the same basic analog interface only the later VEVO models are an issue as they are CAN controlled.

I fabricated my own remote for my old 807 as the OEM unit was a stupid price. The actual interface is just a basic remote on/off signal and the rest of the unit just supplies a "Low Speed" signal to the heater blower fan via the BSI/splice into cables to run the blower. I managed to make my own for about £35 based on the aftermarket kit fitting instructions and wiring diagram

As it getting cooler now I miss having one of these and am looking at getting a second hand Thermo Top Evo and retrofitting it to my DS5 (Webasto sell a complete kit but at over £1500 its a silly price). I can get all of the parts needed and a second hand heater for less than £250.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you get yours before or after Grumpy's Meeper. If after surely the model number shouldn't be an issue. I'm made up that this is possible and is now something i'll take to the dealer

·
5,980 Posts
Update on above have found that some OEM heaters use custom software to interface with cars climate control system.

However it appears from Webasto service data that they all support W-line interface which means all models will work with the aux timer and remote interface as these accessories all control the heater via the W-line.

Aliexpress also list cheap compatible interfaces including a GSM unit which will work with a Webasto

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Volts,

My car is more recent that Grumpy's. Looking at peugeot service box using my VIN and Grumpy's vin both cars show the same "additional heating" part numbers.

Grumpy has had his webasto replaced under warranty. He was told that the replacement is a different version of the webasto unit.

Not withstanding the above, I would love to be able to add a remote to mine too.

Cheers,

M.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Windy,

I like the idea of a DIY remote - have you posted details of this somewhere we can take a look at please?

Did your 807 have an auxiliary heater or a parking heater originally? I mean, before you added the remote, could the heater be used when the engine and ignition were off?

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Hi Voltzs,
I'm on the East coast and as yet haven't really had any frost as yet. However it has been cold enough to warm the car before I get in it. It works so well that only 15 minutes with it on and it's quite cozy when I get in.
The air is directed to the screen and from the dash at a fair speed so
I have no doubt the system will defrost the screen well when the need arise.

I'm happy with it.:nod:

Grumpy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts