Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im new to the forum and have a problem. i topped up the screen wash yesterday and today when i pressed the screen wash it was very weak and hwardly came out. is it a pump or could it be dirt in the pipes?
cheers :thumb:

G

·
The jets block easily on these, especially if the fluid hasn't been mixed to the correct ratio and the waters gone a little manky. New ones are about £3.50 each from the stealer. Then flush out the screenwash bottle and refil with 50/50 good quality fluid/H2O

·
Registered
2 Posts
Under the bonnet remove the pipes connected to the washers and blow out with air hose. Pipes will just pull out of connectors. This should solve your problem.
Also check pipes where they run round the bonnet hinge on the o/s as they can leak of over stretched when bonnet is opened.

·
Registered
103 Posts
@ Carrickabawn: this happened to me last week, had water spraying sideways from under the bonnet. I wrapped the pipe in PTFE (plumbers) tape until it filled the grooves in the pipe and then taped over the lot with black insulation tape with a few cable ties for added strength. no probs since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts