Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I hope this post can find someone to help.
I have 307 SW 110HP 2008(307 RESTYLING ESTATE - LEISURE 1.6 i 16v 110 (TU5JP4) Auto gearbox AL4 ) . since I got this car brand new 4 years ago, the water temperature was stuck to 80 degree in all conditions, 3 months ago , without any indications or actions, the water temperature gauge is moving from 85 to 110 degrees and the air coming out from the radiator fan is really hot,and you can feel that the hud is really hot, for that issue, I replaced the thermostat twice, radiator and water pump, but still the same, the water temperature is getting hotter when moving down town, could reach 110 degrees, but no alarm, when moving on highways, it is 85 to 90 degrees.

one more thing is that when I start the engine is the morning, it reaches 70 in almost 2 minutes, which was not happening before.

I went to service provider and he can see that the fan is working low speed and high speed as designed. I also replaced air filter and fuel filter.
I think the problem is that the car is generating more heat than normal and it is not problem with cooling system.

I really appreciate that someone can advise.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
have you checked the coolant level? has been bleed lately? could be an air lock or a blockage in one of the pipes.

could be the engine temp sensor faulty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John for quick reply, but as I replaced the thermostate twice and the rediator and water pump, at all the times,there is no water leakage and water flow is perfect as per the service center. Since the motor is really hot compared to other car,so I doubt a sensor issue, since the temperature go to 70 in about 2 minutes after leaving it all the night parked. I think we should think what makes the engine realy heats too fast,not what makes the cooling not enough
Thanks Ahmed

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It wouldn't get to 70 so quickly - the engine is stone cold and will take up most of the heat from combustion in 2 minutes - before the coolant gets a chance to warm up.

It's an electrical fault - looks like you've replaced everything apart from the temp sensor. The fan prob works off the temp sensor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Clanless, do you have any idea how to isolate this problem and identify the failing part ? I really give up and I don't have any ideas how to resolve this issue, as I'm traveling usually, I'm afraid that it will stop one day with error while traveling in the middle of the night.... and you may imaging the trouble I will face that time.

One thing that may help identifying the problem, I had a problem with the air condition heater inside the car, it was leaking water, although I was losing cooling fluid but at that time with the leakage the temperature was back to 80 as normal, I know this sounds crazy that it is back to normal with a leakage, but this what happened, when I fixed the leakage the problem is back again with the temperature goes high again.

Any clues ? :confused:

·
11,731 Posts
Its in the side of the engine block, facing the long side of the battery.

Unclip the electrical connector, remove the circlip and pull out - making sure you have a free thumb to stop coolant running away.

My last 307 had a similar problem. From cold the display needle would creep smoothly to about 75 then suddenly shoot to the far right for five seconds, throwing up the warnings, then drop to the normal temperature.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, Thanks, but I already replaced the complete mechanism twice (including the thermal sensor and the water lock mechanism(thermostat) so I doubt I hit 2 bad mechanisms. please see the picture I uploaded may be you are talking about another part) specially the car hud and the air coming out of it is really hot.

Appreciate your feedback.
Thanks, Ahmed

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me ask the question in another way:
Is there anything that would make the engine generate more heat than usual ?
As I mentioned earlier, I think that the engine is generating more heat than usual rather than a cooling problem.
Thanks, Ahmed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts