Peugeot Forums banner

Water Spots after cleaning

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Lee821974 
#1 ·
When I clean the car, I just about always end up with water spots, until I got my 508SW, it didn't really matter as you couldn't see them as it was a silver car. But now I have the 508, it's black, so every little water mark shows.

I know it's hard water where I live, so was wondering what you all use to reduce or stop the water marks?

Cheers

#2 · (Edited)
Water spots is basically the minerals in the water drying leaving those horible marks. Options:

1. Remove the crap in the water so the spots never appear in the first place
2. Remove the water spots after washing (cheapest)
3. Have a ceramic coating applied to the car (most expensive, but awesome)

Option 1 is probably a non starter as it's expensive and complicated. It requires the purchase and upkeep of a di vessel which sits inbetween the tap and jet washer. You can google for various makes and models. https://purefinalrinse.co.uk/

Option 2 is using a spray solution such as gtechniq water spot remover

Option 3 is what I'm having done but costs start at £550 and lasts for up to 5yrs. It puts a 9H ceramic coating on the paintwork which also has hydrophobic properties so the water runs off before it can dry. It also helps with preventing swirl marks from washing and can also help give an extra barrier against bird mess etching the clearcoat. I'd recommend a ceramic coating applied to new cars, or ones you wish to keep looking in tip top shape. Older cars, or ones where the paint is in poor shape will need a correction polish prior which adds a bit to the cost. It's like always having a freshly polished car though!

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
if you have hard water, you will always get spots.
*final rinse use osmowater (distilled w.)
or
*quick detailer sprays (with ceramic) on wet paint, as drying towel aid. at same time adding "teflon effect" ....fukupika..cc water gold.....

once a year is good to claybar-iron decon, and handpolish with "dodo juice limeprime" (before applying protection).
you´d surpised what crud comes out, added gloss is bonus. (protected paint has a little crud sticking to it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.