Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i got 307 year 52 made so 113 000 mile i dont know when last time they changed the timing belt on it it seems i have problem with water pump . i want to change water pump do i have change timing belt with it?? or its ok if i change only water pump ??confuse !! and if i change just water pump it doesnt effect the timing belt?? help plz with ideas
thanks

P

·
0 Posts
hey guys

i got 307 year 52 made so 113 000 mile i dont know when last time they changed the timing belt on it it seems i have problem with water pump . i want to change water pump do i have change timing belt with it?? or its ok if i change only water pump ??confuse !! and if i change just water pump it doesnt effect the timing belt?? help plz with ideas
thanks
Are you planning on doing the work yourself?

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey guys

thanks
Engine size? Petrol or diesel? For piece of mind have the belt renewed. If in any doubt of the condition of the tensioner assembly renew this as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its auto 1.6 petrol and planning to do that tomoro actually we bought just water pump he said we can change only water pump without change timing belt to evade the cost so just want to make sure if we can do that and safe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so u recommend change belt as well. i was thinking about it all day actually because while we change water pump we can change belt in same time i know it costs but i dont know when it has changed its 12 years car old and o far made 113 000 so it could has changed 2 years ago it could be not but tomoro is sunday and everything is closed its hard to get the part thats why i asked question its safe to just change the pump without belt because i need ca for monday for work

·
Registered
253 Posts
its auto 1.6 petrol and planning to do that tomoro actually we bought just water pump he said we can change only water pump without change timing belt to evade the cost so just want to make sure if we can do that and safe
This is your own decision.

Normally many owners change theirs every 40K Peugeot say 80K.

What is the problem with the water pump? Leaking or is the bearing worn?

If any coolant has leaked onto that belt this will weaken it.

If you are going to re-use this belt check thoroughly for signs of any uneven wear splitting, oil contamination and examine the teeth.

I understand the costing running the jam jar nowadays but for the cost of a second hand engine, fitting and downtime you need to weigh it up.

I'am sure your mate will be pretty clued up and will advise you anyway.

Good luck with the repair. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for advice :) am changing it because i have problem with heater system i changed thermostat and everything start from there the car get very hot very quickly reach till start stop sign come off we checked radiator we thought is blocked but it seems ok water go through we bled it out and still getting air inside system and water keeps flooding in reservoir and top hose for radiator is bowling hot and bottom one is cold freezing and i can feel the water in top hose not going constantly .. so i thought maybe head gasket gone but there's no sign of it (no oil in coolant,no creamy in oil, and no white smoke from exhaust) so we thought the worst case scenario is head gasket and above all that no hot air in cabin its bloody freezing inside.. and temp always in 90 if i stuck in traffic thats it its gone till top red ...

·
Registered
253 Posts
So if the engine is getting hot does the electric cooling fan not engage to low or high speed at all?

Did you also retry the drain, flush and refill?

I must admit if it is the pump then the impellor has come adrift from the shaft and not spinning as it should.

Could also be pressure cap fault though and cheaper option.

P

·
0 Posts
If it was me I'd being doing the belt at same time. Then your covered for next 80k

1 - 11 of 11 Posts