Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of changing the cambelt at the moment, but I've hit a bit of a snag. After locking the cambelt sprockets and removing the belt, I tried to remove the water pump which I am also replacing, but it won't budge :mad: I tried putting a block of wood on it and hitting it with a hammer, but it's not moving. Any ideas ?
The cambelt looks like it may have been replaced recently, the tensioner and idler look quite good too. Still, I've got a new kit now so they are going on. The auxiliary belt needed changing though. In one place it has split and you can see daylight through it :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
I think all you can do is keep on knocking it with your hammer and wood,try up and down,side to side or where ever you can if your replacing it,it should not matter how hard you hit it lol, you could try some heat ! and just to let you know the two bolts that hold the aux tensioner are a pig to get at. Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumb:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

Yes it is the 1.6 petrol engine.
I managed to get the pump off eventually. I borrowed a crowbar and placed the end of it in the semi circular groove in the pump. Then hitting the crowbar for what seemed like ages, the pumped slowly moved in an anti clockwise direction. Eventually it fell out, and I said thank flip for that, or something like that. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Yes it is the 1.6 petrol engine.
I managed to get the pump off eventually. I borrowed a crowbar and placed the end of it in the semi circular groove in the pump. Then hitting the crowbar for what seemed like ages, the pumped slowly moved in an anti clockwise direction. Eventually it fell out, and I said thank flip for that, or something like that. ;)
thats exactly what I was going to say, break it out of therer. They are always seized in in that engine.

S

·
0 Posts
Wheres the best place to pick up a belt and pulley set?

Normally i stick to ebay for parts but with cambelt i want something thats got a bit more... well a bit more of a guarantee with it!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my belt kit and water pump on ebay.
Why pay silly money for the parts, as long as you are buying well known brand names and the parts are new. The belt kit was a gates set, and the pump was a comline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts