Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so here is the challenge (can't see anyone has experienced this - can't believe I'm the first) -
Water pump on my 307cc EW10a RFJ engine is held on by 6 bolts. The bolts weirdly don't screw into the engine housing, then go through 6 holes and at the rear of the housing are 6 small square nuts that hold the bolts. 2 of these have fallen off (when taking the bolts out to remove the water pump). How the heck do I get these nuts back in place to be able to bolt the new water pump on (4 bolts thread up fine but the two where the nut has fallen off have nothing to grip). The two nuts that fell off (I have them) are at the top of the water pump casting and I can't see or feel where the nuts go as there is simply no room behind to get my fingers in place to hold the nuts.
Make sense?
Anyone else experienced this?
How the heck do I go about this?
Poor design!
Here's hoping anyone can share / help / guide

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOOOH, I thought I had. Ordered water pump from GSF Cardiff and the one that arrived (from Vetech) was identical to the one I took off the engine. It was only the front part (re the picture you kindly attached). I'll take another look tonight but it looked to me like the water pump (front half) bolted straight onto the engine housing, Looking at your picture it may be that the back end is in place on the engine so I'll look and see if there is indeed another half still on the engine and see if I can get it off.
Many thanks for the picture.
Ron

·
Registered
34 Posts
You're wellcome..
Yes. The other part is bolted to the engine. The one pictured is made of plastic, but you can also a metal one :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pokeras, top member and thank you.
Managed to see back end of water pump (still on engine). Was about to take this off and thought I would have a shot at repositioning the fallen nuts. Thanks to your picture, I worked out where they should go. Used a magnet (the extending screwdriver type) and a wire hook and managed to get both nuts back in their slots. Put new water pump on and all 6 bolts have tightened up. Water pump on - result.
Now for all the other stuff involved in the cam belt change.
Hope one day to be able to help fellow posters. Great forum.
Thank you
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts