Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
206 sport 1.4 2005. Enigne has started to overheat in traffic. leave it to cool down , STOP warning goes away and it's ok for a while. Blast the heater fans and it manages to get us home. Checked when it overheated again and the bottom hose is stone cold. Any tips on how to check what the fault is without having to 'plug it in'? I'm guessing thermostat, rad block or busted pump. Any ideas? Cheers.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
it the rest of the pipes are hot up until the thermostat i would check that first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, now to locate the thermostat...not been at this Pug game very long. Will I need to disconnect the battery for this due to any sensors?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are these thermostats like the old ones with wax or simething else? Is there a way of knowing if it's the thermostat or the sensor. Sorry to appear so thick but really haven't touched a modern car for years. Just said bye to a 25 year old 4x4 after 10 years.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes but there not expensive and you'll need a new rubber seal which should come with the new stat,
Don't forget to bleed the system correctly - bleed valve on the housing and one up against the bulkhead going into the inside heater matrix.
Forgot to add - remember to set the heater to max hot !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts