Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this annoy anyone else.

For some time after the car is washed water slowly seeps from under the door mirrors and from under the chrome trim that runs from the roof to the front wings creating a line down the doors and down the front wings.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yes, lots of little recesses for water to get in to, that you can't reach to dry, and which drips out gradually. The small gap under the rear screen glass is another. It's the same with so many cars today.

·
Registered
683 Posts

For some time after the car is washed water slowly seeps from under the door mirrors and from under the chrome trim that runs from the roof to the front wings creating a line down the doors and down the front wings.
This happened on my last car to always drives me nuts, only way is to keep going over affected area's with a cloth

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This happened on my last car to always drives me nuts, only way is to keep going over affected area's with a cloth
Glad I am not the only one, maybe manufacturers don't wash the cars.

Something else I find super annoying is the position of the USB port, who thought that one up.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Try a leaf blower on it before completely drying....should blow out the excess water? I read it somewhere but can't bring myself to do it in case neighbours think I've lost the plot!
You could look worse by using a Nicky Clarke Hair Dryer. :grin:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Something else I find super annoying is the position of the USB port, who thought that one up.
I agree, you have to bend your head to see where the socket is located then your hand's in the way so you can't see what you are lining up to any way; and if the USB plug is upside down.........

I'm thinking about a small hub on a short lead, I'll need two hands but at least I will be able to see what I am doing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree, you have to bend your head to see where the socket is located then your hand's in the way so you can't see what you are lining up to any way; and if the USB plug is upside down.........

I'm thinking about a small hub on a short lead, I'll need two hands but at least I will be able to see what I am doing.
I think I have a small extension lead somewhere, going to give it a try.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I've always got good results from the waterless cleaning products such as Meguiers, Greased Lightening and Williams and avoid the water marks. When I have used water I run the car round the block and give a final leather off.

·
Registered
620 Posts
"Tears" I call them as they always appear:
* under the door mirror
* at the front of the bonnet side slot
* filler cap (yes I dry in there!)
* one side of the rear window which ever side is lower down the slope

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think I have a small extension lead somewhere, going to give it a try.

I have a coiled cable (like an old telephone wire) which means you can pull it to connect your phone then springs back when not in use... tried a short wire but too fiddly to connect to a phone. They should have put port in the centre armrest like most other cars.

·
Registered
544 Posts

I agree about the positioning of the USB port. So annoying!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Try a leaf blower on it before completely drying....should blow out the excess water? I read it somewhere but can't bring myself to do it in case neighbours think I've lost the plot!
I've got a 36V Ryobi mower and the battery fit the leaf blower also.
A good wax
Flood
Blow
Job done with just 1 microfibre cloth wipe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Apparently, some professional car detailers have started using blowers to dry expensive cars in order to avoid swirl marks. I'll give it a miss. Just try using a good quality micro fibre towel to dry your car off - works for me.

·
Registered
620 Posts

Yup..I think towel+rubber band is the easier.. or tissue.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.