Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got water pouring out of 2 holes in a box type thing underneath car, one has a bolt type thing in, the other is open. Hope that makes sense. Thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Not really, any chance of any pictures? So much more information needed. What does the box look like? Is it metal, plastic, painted? Does it have a lid?

Is it clear liquid or is it coloured?

Is it at the front of the car, rear, left hand side, right hand side?

·
Registered
33 Posts
water leak

Is this coolent water leak.Are you having to top up the radiator filler cap.
I had a recent water leak from one of two hoses that bolt onto a metal
adaptor which the oil filter screws onto. Are you referring to this?
Byronboy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pour water into the water filler reservoir and within a few seconds it comes out the 2 holes. As clear as it went in.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
It's usually the flow and return pipes to the Webasto underfloor heater that leak because of corrosion in the steel tubes, check water is coming from the tubes and order a new one from the Peugeot, about £80 I think. If miles from dealer see if the local motor factors will order it for you - could save much travelling.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looking at your photos it looks more like the heat exchanger is leaking - maybe source one s/h or bypass the system altogether by connecting flow and return together as it looks like the pipes are badly corroded as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a few days research, pretty sure its the webasto water heater thermo top, am I OK to join inlet and outlet pipes together to bypass it to get car moving to garage, if so, what's best to use to join pipes? Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Think I would disconnect the electrical lead to the heater though it is not likely to be activated in this hot weather and look at the pipes to work out if the two rubber pipes to the heater are removed, one could go back on to join up the flow and return either just before the heater or at the front of the steel pipe fabrication.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Just do away with it it probably does not work anyway they only run in cold weather to help the engine warm up quicker you can reroute the pipes under the bonnet. they are spliced into the main heater circuit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a hole in one of the pipes to the water heater thermotop, replaced it with rubber pipe for now, anyone know what the 2 pipes are called and where I would get a set from please, a link for the pair would be very much appreciated?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thought they looked past their best, Peugeot only item around £80. Most motor factors can bring up Service Box to identify the part no and if you know them well enough might even order it for you from Peugeot dealer to save you a visit.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Could you not just replace the metal pipes for rubber hose? I only ask as I have a very slight leak on mine and could do without forking out £80 for a stealer only part.

Nelix

1 - 15 of 15 Posts