Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i've got water dripping from front passenger side of car onto road 03 307 any ideas why this and where its from? I've lifted carpet and it seems a bit damp and when i have heaters on 2 does not blow any air not (climate control) coolant level is ok and i dont realy use air con. i dont think i would buy another peugeot ive had nothing but problems with this car

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
It could just be the water removed by the air-conditioning draining off. I assume you've checked all your levels?

·
Registered
83 Posts
jozzyman said:
Hi i've got water dripping from front passenger side of car 03 307 any ideas why this and where its from?
From experience, I would say take the carpet up. Will certainly give you an idea where it's coming from. Mine was rain water coming down behind the dash from a leak in windscreen. The glue can come unstuck. Worth checking. Check seals around the door too. Good luck

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bettyswollocks said:
Make sure its water it could be the heater matrix or scuttle pan filled with leaves.
thanks for reply's how can i tell if its the heater matrix?

I've lifted carpet and it seems a bit damp and when i have heaters on 2 does not blow any air not (climate control) coolant level is ok and i dont realy use air con. i dont think i would buy another peugeot ive had nothing but problems with this car

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Rub the liquid between your fingers you`ll know if its water or a coolant , i think theres a cure for this now, there is on the 406 ,check with your dealer or autoparts store ,its a liquid that you put in that stops the leak like the old eggwhite in a radiator cure.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cheers it does not smell of anything and is clear so i think it is water what could it be if its not coolant :confused:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Could always do a taste and spit test :lol: tbh you got to be hardcore for that crap :lol:

i beleive in the owners manual it will say your suppose to run the aircon, on cold for atleast 15mins once a month and you may notice water under the car from the condensor. this is to keep the aircon in good working order etc.

hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
Sure your window washer bottle hasn't split in all the bad weather?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
stevoxsi said:
Sure your window washer bottle hasn't split in all the bad weather?
Wouldn`t leak into passenger well , if its water then it`ll be from either , windscreen ,door card or scuttle pan , my moneys on scuttle pan blocked with leaves.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for your help i think its just water like betty said might wrap up warm and run the aircon for a bit although air con stuff is under drivers side i think just oil leak to sort now got heaters working treat :fire2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts