Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

I have noticed some water under my pug 407 amd a small pool on drive, its under the drivers side at the front. there seems be alot of damp at the bottom of the wheel arch, you know where the grill is under there.

what could be problem, my coolant levels are fine the temperatures are fine actually they a bit low 75degrees

the bottom radiator pipe is cold when runnin and:I:get lukewarm air:from fans.

any:ideas I hoping it not my waterpump could someone please tell me exactly where:is:how could I diagnose this ?

·
Registered
909 Posts
could it be a collection of water gettin in behind the arch when your drivin, then when your parked its findin its way out??

If your levels are fine and havent moved then i wouldn't worry too much

·
Registered
113 Posts
Washer bottle may be leaking from the rubber grommet that holds the electric pump in or one of the pipes to the pump may be loose/split.
Simple test,dip your finger in the liquid that's leaked out and dab it on your tongue. Spit it out afterwards of course.
What does it taste of?

·
Registered
113 Posts
@pug407ire
When you say "at the front" could you clarify whether this is in front of the drivers side wheel or behind.
In front would seem to point to the washer bottle as there's nothing else there.
Behind may be something else.
I believe the AC condensate drains out on the passenger side just below where your feet would be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
407 water leak?

Hi..

I have 407 sw 2.7 with a coolant leak at the moment..My attention was drawn to it because cold air from heater, despite being on max!! Turns out of course no bl..dy water there to be hot..although you say your temps is fine, if low..Now..I post because its easy to look at water overflow reservoir and think its OK, but the level you are looking at is the STAINED PLASTIC..so ensure remove filler cap, with obvious precautions!! and physically check water/coolant level..This is the mistake I made, despite shaking the car a little when checking...and although I have bigger engine than you I think, my problem is a plastic/nylon 'T' junction type thing directly under a stainless steel pipe about 1" diameter, directly on top of the engine...Currently trying hard to ID it etc, so I can try solve problem..Halfords Autocentre can't help..(Their suppliers dont supply it) IF ANYONE HAS EXPERIENCE OF THIS, PLEASE POST

1 - 6 of 6 Posts