Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Used the wife's car this morning and after it was parked for 20 minutes I spotted some water on the floor.

Looked under the bonnet and when I pressed the hose to the thermostat I could hear water.

This is the plate joint where it is coming from, what is the plate and is it a hard job to fix/fit a new gasket.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi,

Depending on your competency level it should be straight forward to replace. Might take a while and be a bit of a faf. Just ensure you clean the surfaces before putting the new gasket in to stop any contamination causing a future leak.

If you pop into your local dealer, they should be able to bring up a drawing of the offending area and advise what gasket is required. I'd be surprised if a motor factors will supply's his as it appears a bit obscure.

Also check for any cracks in the housing once you've got it apart and be careful not to over tighten the bolts/screws as this could damage the gasket or housing.

Don't top up your coolant with tap water either as this corrodes the system. Demineralised water is available from motorfactors and is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been to local dealers and they do not show a gasket for it, they say it's sold as a sealed unit :(

Complete unit (inc thermostat & gasket) £137.49 inc vat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah well that's not too bad then. Sorry I've had another look so the housing is a complete sealed unit. The part number is for the gasket seals the housing to the head. But you probably could get away with some gasket sealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts