Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im Vickie and im new on here so bear with me please, I brought my 307 y reg so its a 2001 about 2 months ago since having the car and driving it a round a lot, I found some problems 1 I was losing water loads infract but got my dad to have a look and there was a hole in one of the pipes so my dad changed it for me and I thought it was fixed but how wrong was I, well now im losing water a lot slower but its still coming from some where but my dad can find where, some times it over heats badly and I mean the header tank bubbling over and steam but then other times it don't over heat but I still lose water, also my hazard lights come on by them self's an I have to press the button to turn them back off, why does it do that ? would it be they are coming on to tell me there is a problem with the water leak or thermostat.. I love the car but I just seam to have problem after problem with it and its costing quite a bit, I need a whole new exhaust system as the pipe has spilt it half by the cat, just hope I made the rite choice in getting a 307, thanks :thumb: Vickie x :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi all im Vickie and im new on here so bear with me please, I brought my 307 y reg so its a 2001 about 2 months ago since having the car and driving it a round a lot, I found some problems 1 I was losing water loads infract but got my dad to have a look and there was a hole in one of the pipes so my dad changed it for me and I thought it was fixed but how wrong was I, well now im losing water a lot slower but its still coming from some where but my dad can find where, some times it over heats badly and I mean the header tank bubbling over and steam but then other times it don't over heat but I still lose water, also my hazard lights come on by them self's an I have to press the button to turn them back off, why does it do that ? would it be they are coming on to tell me there is a problem with the water leak or thermostat.. I love the car but I just seam to have problem after problem with it and its costing quite a bit, I need a whole new exhaust system as the pipe has spilt it half by the cat, just hope I made the rite choice in getting a 307, thanks :thumb: Vickie x :)
Hello Vickie,
Welcome to the wonderfull world of 307 ownership ;o))
Your coolant leaking problem can be vexing....how old is it and how may miles has it covered?
Does it have a service history?
The best way to trace a leak is to remove the air box and it's trunking.
Start the car and let it idle until it starts to warm up.
Get a bright torch and start tracing the coolant hoses from top to bottom, including your hand to feel for any wet spots.
Main rad. hoses, bypass hoses, heater hoses and hoses from expansion tank.
When was the pressure tank cap replaced?
If don't know, replace it as this can be a source of coolant loss.
Check the condition of the rad. core for any signs of weeping.
If still no joy, it's time to take it to a cooling expert who will perform a pressure test on the system to track down the leak.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi could be going into the exhaust ,do you notice quite a bit of water coming out of it ,or bit of excessive white steam when warm,could also be leaking from the water pump, that is behind the lower cam cover on the left as you look at it so you may not notice it from there as its covered up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts