Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
ive been having a lot of problems with the inside of the car mistinig up badly for a while now, so thought i would do a bit of investigation work. well it paid off as ive found the rear passengers side footwell soaked with water.
ive done a search on here with no luck as there isnt a wet patch in either of the front footwells.
the only conclusion i have come to is that what i have found out on here is that the drain holes go down into the sills i think and then when to much water is in there then it overflows. dont know if thats right or not, so i tried to find where its suppose to come out if it does get into them ( even if its that in the first place) with no luck. so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction why i would have water only in my rear passengers side.
i have no sunroof, the windows have not been down or anything like that.
i have had this problem from when i got the car 6 months ago, and only now it makes scence why it looked like someone has been at the carpets.
thanks in advance as its doin my head in now.
oh i have been through a couple of deep puddles lately but why is it only on that side and why has it always steamed up in side.
wierd or what lol.
thanks again.
steve.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
p.s.
if i dont reply right back its cos im pottering in and out with this darn car.
cheers.
pps.
i was going to take the front seat out but got half way through and realised that one bolt holding the seat down the nut inside will come off into
the cavern so i cant even do that.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
p.s.
if i dont reply right back its cos im pottering in and out with this darn car.
cheers.
pps.
i was going to take the front seat out but got half way through and realised that one bolt holding the seat down the nut inside will come off into
the cavern so i cant even do that.
could be windscreen

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers trustme,
i wondered that but when i felt the front footwells they are bone dry.
its only iin the rear passengers side, i did have a nice pool in the boot to in the spare wheel compartment too. good job i looked as the spare was bald and flat too.
i did have a good look at the seals and they all looked in good shape too, so its beyond me. had her up on ramps to have a good look too and shes solid.
oh the joys ah.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
im having the same issue too in the boot. i fitted a new rear light. checked with some water and it was running through the rear light seal

changed the light seal and seems ok now. dont know if i have a bigger problem though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers monty,
hope yours is fixed now and not a bigger problem.
i was going to look at the back light clusters but got carried away in the rear passengers footwell with no luck.
i will reseal the lights to see if that helps the boot but im still clueless about behind the passengers seat.
i think my 307 is a little tired to be honest.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
can you get someone to help with a garden hose.

get in the car and watch for leaks

i found a massive pool of water in my boot. have changed both seals so hoping ive sorted it. the damp is doing my head in

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeh im going to have to do that monty thanks.
i will get the wife to do it, im sure she will enjoy soaking me lol.
like you this is doing my head in with the conedsation, i have to have the aircon on all the time so it dont mist up.
i am hoping its the door seal on the rear even though it looks in good shape.
it defo is a pain in the back side.
cheers for your reply though, its much appreciated thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts